Palo Alto Toastmasters is a great forum for any professional looking to improve public speaking skills, meeting management and leadership skills.
We meet every Tuesday at noon in the Council Chambers on the first floor of Palo Alto City Hall, 250 Hamilton Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301.
What happens at the Toastmasters meeting?
Members give speeches, take on different roles and have a great time honing their communication and leadership skills. Each meeting every member will have a chance to speak. Typically, our meetings consist of three main parts:
• prepared speeches
• impromptu speeches on selected topics by members and guests
• evaluation of speeches and suggestions for further improvements
Plus, it's more fun than it sounds and really helps improve skills! Our meetings are an hour long and we usually have 15-18 people joining the meeting (even if not shown on meetup).
What to expect at your first visit?
You are more than welcome to participate in the meeting and can volunteer to give an impromptu speech. You'll also have an opportunity to tell us your impression of the meeting. If you aren’t ready to participate, feel free to come only to watch and observe what happens during the meeting. You may attend our meetings as a guest as many times as you wish before you decide to join.
Why join Palo Alto Toastmasters?
• Become a better speaker and presenter, speak with clarity and fluency
• Lose the fear of public speaking in a friendly and supportive environment
• Learn to speak off the cuff and think on your feet
• Build confidence
• Improve your communication and leadership skills
Free. Open to all. All speaking levels are welcome in our friendly club.
Join us at the next meeting to see if Palo Alto Toastmasters is right for you! We look forward to seeing you!