This is part of the Colorado 14ers Series. We will wake up before sunrise to hike 14ers in the Elk and San Juan ranges. In the afternoon and evening, we will disperse camp, eat lots of delicious Mexican food, and sample many Colorado beers. Of course, we will also try to visit a few hot springs to soak our weary bones. Additional information will be added.
(Everyone is placed on the waitlist until I am able to determine their abilities - this hikes is not for beginners.)
There will be no sweep and you are expected to have adequate equipment to manage and survive on your own! The following is recommended at a minimum:
• Hiking accessories such as first aid kit, navigation aids, toilet paper & trowel, etc.
• Adequate synthetic or wool clothing (no cotton!) to layer up/down as required. Good idea would be to pack a light down jacket for alpine zone and perhaps extra socks, shirt, etc as you require.
• Enough food/snacks (its important to keep eating while hiking) and purification tablets or other suitable water treatment system. Its important to keep energy level high and stave off dehydration.
• Headlamp w/ extra batteries. Always plan to be on the trail after dark, and be pleasantly surprised when you don't need to don your headlamp.
• Camping equipment: cooking stove, pad, sleeping bag, tent, water purification system, etc.
• Copy of trail map and compass and/or GPS w/ extra batteries. Expect to be left on the trail alone by faster hikers - be sure you can locate yourself so that you can find the trailhead parking and campsite, not just the summit!
• Anything else to make yourself comfortable and have a great time!
Not available - Please ensure to make your own arrangements and utilize the meetup.com comment discussion to facilitate both shared lodging and transportation.
HUDSON VALLEY HIKER LEGAL DISCLAIMER
Waiver of liability
You agree when you sign up for this group or any of the events that you have read and understand the below.
If you join us for a hike (or any other event), please understand that you are responsible for your own preparedness and well-being and will hold no one else liable in case of injury or mishap. You agree not to hold the Organizer, Assistant Organizers, or any other members responsible for any injuries, mishaps, or any other situation that may happen at a planned event. You are responsible to research the event, know the area, and bring the proper gear.
The Hudson Valley Hikers Club does not provide liability insurance for the protection of individuals who may participate in any of the events planned by the Organizer or Assistant Organizers.
This release extends and applies to, and also covers and includes, all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated and unsuspected injuries, damages, loss and liability.
Your attendance on a hike signifies that you have read and accept the terms of this liability waiver. By signing up for this group or event you understand that you are attending all events AT YOUR OWN RISK. Organizers and Assistant Organizers of this group are just that, we organize the events and hike together as friends. There are no leaders on these hikes, you are your own leader- This is YOUR hike.