Working on our version of the iCub. Simple :) So many ideas on how to expand on the basis iCub.
The purpose of this group is to bring individuals together who are interested in innovating and creating with the iCub open-source platform.
First step will be to understand how the iCub is put together, then we will look for areas where we can provide improvements and innovations, and lastly will be to build a version of the iCub that is unique to this group's visions as other research organizations are doing worldwide.
You can find out more about the iCub project by visiting www.icub.org and the associated wiki.
It is our aim that together (as a team) we can create amazing things and forms of expression to be used by children and/or teens.
Before you disregard the group consider that this group is meant to bring people together to accomplish great things for the coming generations - lack of experience, academic knowledge, or professional skills and knowledge in any of the areas this will encompass is absolutely NO barrier to particpating, all are welcome regardless of skill level or lack thereof.
Join us won't you?
We must state that you do NOT need any prior knowledge (academic, professional, technical) to be part of this. We will learn/teach as we go along.
We are open to all. NO previous experience needed, nothing is required to participate.
If you are interested in anything from tinkering to building from scratch to designing innovative things for the young to anything related to these - this is what we are about. NEWBIES are welcome!
What members of the group do not know we will teach, all will learn and all with benefit.
What is this meetup?: Simply put this meetup is about bringing together people of all skill levels, educational backgrounds, and varied interests in seeing what sort of advances a group of amateurs and hobbyists can do in regards to furthering the educational well-being, play experience. and beneficial nurturing of the younger generations.
Who should join?: Anyone interested in being a member of a group or a team AND who likes to actively participate (we are NOT a discussion group and we are NOT a business networking group) in the creation, design, and invention of new things AND to do so without the hassle of the organizer asking for donations, funding, or other forms of investment. We are a group that is here to design, discuss, create, brainstorm, and finally bring to life something new for children and the youth of today to use and enjoy.
What skills, education, or talents are needed to join this meetup?: The only thing we are looking for in members is that they are interested in what we are going to embark upon together. Individuals of all skill and education levels (lack of formal education or higher levels of education are NO barrier, we all have skills and hidden talents).
What if you do not have a particular knowledge?: No problem, if you lack knowledge in one or more areas, training will be provided along the way. The intention is that by the end, all team members will be completely comfortable with the final solution we come up with AND be fully capable of providing general support on all aspects.
Why should members join?: To learn, to participate, to be a part of something spectacular. To be one of many in (size is yet to be determined) team of equals. And we know some of you are asking, of course share in what ever bounty the end results provide.
What can members expect to touch on as a team member?:
• The challenge of casting your mind into the unknown (think of the guy who created "Tickle me Elmo(tm)" when he looked at his creation and thought OMG! how annoying but kids will love this :)).
• The chance to learn from others (professionals and creative types in a variety of fields) that one would usually not have the chance to interact with.
• Hands on design and development.
• Artistic creation - afterall everything needs to be functional as well as appealing.
• Software design and implementation.
• Artificial intelligence (design, evaluation, implementation).
• And other areas too numerous to place here but you get the gist by simply casting your mind out into the worlds of imagination.
What can members expect out of the group?:
• The ability to work on something new, creative, and innovative. To do so on a project that is fully funded. What this means is that all the development is funded and any and all resources and supplies provided. And of course, there is NEVER EVER a requirement for any member to provide any funding.
• Access to our extensive reference library to make the goal more attainable.
• Working with others in small and medium groups on a shared goal. There are so many different areas, there is something for every interest.
• And of course, should our team achieve its stated goals, any and all of the benefits that can come from something successful WILL BE shared equally by all team members and no one external.
Who are the organizers of this meetup?: Several professionals from different backgrounds with a desire to try something new in terms of entertainment, self expression, and recreation.
Why are we doing this on meetup?: That is simple to answer, because we want to offer the chance to everyone with an interest to participate without biasing that participation based upon a particular skill level or educational acumen. Everyone is welcome!
What are we looking for?: All that we seek is people who are interested in the chance to do great things and we are ONLY looking for you to join your creativity, interest, and mental prowess (brain power) to our own.
What makes this group special?: Motivated organizers supported by a sponsor. Come and join us, it costs nothing and NEVER will to our members, and you could learn so much.
Les francophone sont bienvenue!
Latinos estan bienvenidos!
Supporting all Official Projects with supplies, parts, and resources.
Funding the creation of the automated companion.