addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Los Angeles User Experience Meetup Message Board › User testing without Personal Information

User testing without Personal Information

Brian C.
bclayton2
Newport Beach, CA
Post #: 4
I need to test a new feature in a project I am working on but the issue is that the new feature would involve users private personal data and I cannot build a prototype with that info to test because of privacy. I feel that using generic information will not provide the same interest and impression causing the test to have inaccurate findings.

Does anyone have any recommendations for testing interactions with users personal data?

Thank you,
Brian
Crystal Ehrlich, U...
Group Organizer
Santa Monica, CA
Post #: 110
Hi Brian,

Try touching base with the good folks at usertesting.com. Liz Carlson is a great person and she might be able to point you in the right direction.

I'll email her address to you.

Best, Crystal