The Brighton IBD meetup will meet on the 2nd Thursday of this month. We have an experienced group of investors who discuss the CANSLIM investing method and review charts and fundamentals at our meeting. Our meeting is limited to 22 attendees. You must sign up to be able to attend. If you sign up and find you can't attend please use the front page to cancel so another member can attend. Due to the size of the room only 22 attendees. You must sign up.
For non members to attend you must sign up and be approved, or you can he a guest but must be sponsored by a member and signed up by the member.
This month's agenda is:
1) Review of last months stock pick contest results
2) Sheet will be passed for this months picks and an envelope for the $5 room charge
3) Short review of the indexes. SPY,QQQ,DIA,IYT,IYM,UUP.
4) Three minute picks. Each of the 22 attendees will review one of their two stock picks and lead a short discussion. The presenter will control their time limiting to 3-4 minutes so each attendee has equal time
5) Final 30 Topic. A trading topic will be selected and a discussion led by one of our members. Topics will come from members suggestions. Topics examples: When to sell?, When to Buy?, How to protect profits?This will not be top down, but a leader led group discussion. The intent is to learn from each other. If there is leader and group interest, interested participants can stay and continue the discussion. We have the room until 9:30. All topics come from attendees. E-Mail DR if you have a topic or would like to lead a discussion. email@example.com
Last but not least, keep all sidebar discussions to a minimum. Give the speaker the respect that you would want when you have the floor. This is a tight room and we want everyone to hear and participate in the discussion. Our goal at the end of the meeting is to be able to improve our trading and equity.
We have a new meetup location at the Courtyard by Marriott in Brighton, Michigan. There contact number is (810) 225-9200. If you are coming from east of Brighton take I-96 west and get off at the Grand River exit. Turn right at Grand River. Take the first left on Conference Center Drive, which is before the Ford dealer. The road goes behind the Ford dealer.