addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Tacoma & Southend Investor's Business Daily Meetup Message Board › Shall we schedule a meeting?? Current environment growth stock investing

Shall we schedule a meeting?? Current environment growth stock investing

stephen
se_swadley
Group Organizer
Auburn, WA
Hi All

Today the NAS recorded FTD so the market rally that started last week with that index is confirmed. As growth stock investors, we are now looking for strong fundamental stocks bearing the CANSLIM characteristics from strong industry groups that are near breaking out of technically sound bases to purchase. The IBD 100, Your Weekly Review and other IBD screens contain many candidates. Remember we want the strongest stocks in the strongest groups.

The last confirmed rally a week or two ago failed. The current economic backdrop is still foreboding by many standards but the current setups look like we have a chance at a a decent summer rally.

I will have a brief update of my market view, share some of my current stock watch list ideas, have a short porfolio management topic and of course cover participant topics and questions at both the Bellevue Meetup tomorrow night and the Lynnwood Meetup next Tuesday night.

I expect to share some of the material with you by short e-mail following those meetings. The question is-do you want to try meetings again in the greater Tacoma area again? We had very low attendance in Federal Way when we tried a couple years ago. Please let me know by reply to this e-mail so I can get an idea. I welcome your suggestions and ideas too.

At the Lynnwood meeting, Kurt will report on the lessons from a fairly recent book on trading with advice and rules for trading any market called the The Way of The Turtle. The author was part of an experimental trading group who made $35 million in one year for his employer from a $1million trading account. Though he and the other Turtles traded commodity futures many of the money managment rules and risk management techniques are helpful for any market or portfolio especially during volatile markets like we have experienced in the last 3 years."

IBD has scheduled a Level 1 workshop in Seattle for the last Saturday in July. I will send out the details yet this week but get it on your calendar.

If you would like to attend the june meeting of the Bellevue or Lynnwood groups follow these links.

www.ibd.meetup.com/2/ or www.ibd.meetup.com/38/

Steve Swadley
Organizer
206-715-7990
se_swadley@yahoo.

The Tacoma & Southend Investor's Business Daily Meetup