addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

IGDA Victoria Message Board › Name / Logo change?

Name / Logo change?

A former member
Post #: 26
How about:

Indie Victoria

or

VicIndie

?
Christer Kaitila (...
McFunkypants
Victoria, BC
Post #: 25
Sounds like a musician's meetup group. The word indie on its own is most often used for bands, films and ruggedly-handsome adventuring archeologists. =) I humbly propose that forcing indie in the name excludes some people.

The majority of us are indeed indies, but is *everyone* in this group an indie? No. Some of us are not indie. Some of us are not designers. Some of us are not developers. A few of us aren't even from Victoria. But we ALL share an interest in this one word: GAME.

Just my two cents worth: I'm happy no matter what the name is, game or no game, buzzword or no buzzword, no worries either way. In fact, I think I'll step back and no longer take part in this debate - a rose by any other name smells just as sweet. =D
Colton P.
user 12690936
Victoria, BC
Post #: 37
LEVEL UP eh? Hmmm. I think that has potential.
Christer Kaitila (...
McFunkypants
Victoria, BC
Post #: 26
LEVELUP rocks - best name so far. I love it!
A perfect way to celebrate the 100th member of the group.
Scott L.
user 10756139
Victoria, BC
Post #: 5
Logo looks great!
Fieran
user 12563726
Victoria, BC
Post #: 28
Dear God Andy!!

That logo is increadible ... who did it?
A former member
Post #: 30
Thanks to Tobyn for the logo!