addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

IGDA Victoria Message Board › Casual Connect (July / Seattle)

Casual Connect (July / Seattle)

A former member
Post #: 35
Casual Connect officially starts July 19th in Seattle, but I happen to know that Mochi is doing a big indie/flash/small-time show on July 18th at the same venue.

And I'll be speaking there of course :P I speak everywhere I guess!

Casual Connect is a pretty good place to go for industry meet-n-greets:
http://seattle.casual...­

I'll post info about the Mochi thing as soon as I find a URL for it...
Fieran
user 12563726
Victoria, BC
Post #: 33
I'll think about it - we'll see if volcanos is done by then
A former member
Post #: 36
Ah, here's the pre-show link. Just went live:

http://seattle.casual...­

not much detail right now but it's up and official. This is for the day-before and focuses on the flash dev community.
Colton P.
user 12690936
Victoria, BC
Post #: 49
Fuck yeah, Canada. Gold Sponser.
Christer Kaitila (...
McFunkypants
Victoria, BC
Post #: 29
Your "keeping yourself honest in game dev" speech at the last one was awesome.
What are you going to speak about this time?
A former member
Post #: 37
I haven't decided yet. They really want me to do the same talk over again, and I really don't want to, so I'm trying to find some middle ground :)

But now I have some multiplayer UI and demos so I'll probably throw a lot of that in.
Fieran
user 12563726
Victoria, BC
Post #: 34
How about "How to minimize complexity when multiplayerizing" or something?
Colton P.
user 12690936
Victoria, BC
Post #: 50
If only I could afford to go D:
Christer Kaitila (...
McFunkypants
Victoria, BC
Post #: 30
"They really want me to do the same talk over again"

No worries Andy there's nothing wrong with delivering the same speech over and over at different venues, so don't feel that you have to come up with new material every time. Think of a rock band or a comedian: you have your material and perform it multiple times to different audiences. Each time the performance is a little different but you don't have to throw out all your slides or worry about being labelled a "one trick pony". The title of the speech is so catchy ("Keeping yourself honest") that I would recommend calling it a "lecture series" and this one is just lecture 2 or 3 or whatever. Iteration!

Good luck - I'll be watching on the intertubes. I know you'll kick ass.