addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

IGDA Victoria Message Board › Musician Seeks Custom Game!

Musician Seeks Custom Game!

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey, guys. Long time no chat.

I just wanted to pass on a project I've been told about. Hank Pine, a local musician and artist, is looking to make a game. I believe the premise is some sort of side-scrolling action/adventure thing, fairly short. He was wondering if there might be a local designer or two interested in doing the project, and is happy to talk payment, selling rights, etc.

His email is hankpine@gmail, for anyone interested.
Colton P.
user 12690936
Victoria, BC
Post #: 51
Hey Zack,

I looked at Hank Pine's website, and it looks like he's been working on some really cool stuff. :)

However, I think you should get him to sign up for a meetup account and make a post of his own. You're very unlikely to get someone interested in a project without at least a short description of the project. I think an honest and straight to the point design doc to explain the general "hook" of the game, as well as Hank's portfolio of related work would suffice. This would be enough to get someone who has the skills to make the game want to do it.

My two cents anyway. :)
Fieran
user 12563726
Victoria, BC
Post #: 35
Maybe Hank wants to work on Volcanos .... we could meet that way and see where things go?
Brandon B.
user 13146533
Victoria, BC
Post #: 17
Tell him to get a twitter!

But in all seriousness, did he say anything more about what he was wanting to make? What he is looking for in a skill set? What platform he wants it made for?

The more details the better :)
Colton P.
user 12690936
Victoria, BC
Post #: 60
Hey Zack.

Tell Simon I might be interested in doing some contract work depending on the project scope, compensation, and other factors. Tell him to give me an email at phillipscolton@hotmail.com with more deets.