addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

IGDA Victoria Message Board › Island Retreat: FEB 18-24

Island Retreat: FEB 18-24

A former member
Post #: 57
Hi, level-uppers! The LEVEL UP RETREAT is happening! I'm going to keep this pretty brief. Here's the place we are looking into renting: http://www.vrbo.com/5...­

This is a private, remote, secluded house rental on Pender Island. Well, it's more of a castle than a house, really. We'll have it from February 18th -> 24th.

We'll be doing board games, game design, impromptu jams, and any other things that we want to do. Also there is a hot tub on the roof.

We've got a few Vancouverites coming (Ben McGraw, Chevy Ray, Dustin Sacks), and potentially a few other remote indies. Some may be bringing their significant others.

We are a short a few people, though. Can you make it for the week? Can you pay your fair share (depending on participants, approx. $150-300 per person)? Want to up LEVEL UP your game-making career?

For those that can only attend a few days and/or the weekend: you are welcome too, but space is limited, so preference is given to those that can stay the whole time.

Anyway, get in touch (either here, or email me: andy@andymoore.ca ) if you can commit to this, and I'll get the ball rolling on the booking process.

EDIT: Too late!! applications closed now :)
Graham D.
VelvetyCouch
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 8
Put me down as definitely interested. I just need to double check some dates first...
Christer Kaitila (...
McFunkypants
Victoria, BC
Post #: 51
Sounds like mega fun. I cannot attend, but I sure want to.
Graham D.
VelvetyCouch
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 9
Ok I'm in! :D
Max L.
user 32283792
Victoria, BC
Post #: 4
Oh man, registration closed on this while I wasn't looking. Damn.

I snooze, I lose, I guess.
Graham D.
VelvetyCouch
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 10
Hey Max, it closed cause the trip was cancelled. A few people decided it was too pricey for them and pulled out, and then it would have been more expensive for others and more people cancelled. Then it fell apart unfortunately :(. Hopefully we can still pull something together later this year.
Max L.
user 32283792
Victoria, BC
Post #: 5
Ah, fair enough. Glad someone cleared that up for me, as it wasn't very clear from the post that it was cancelled due to lack of attendance rather than a filled roster.

If something like this is proposed later on, you can count me in. (As long as it doesn't fall over PAX or OrcaJam or something).