Impact Hub Houston, Sketch City and Rotaract District 5890 bring you this special edition of Open Project Night highlighting projects focusing on SDG 16 – Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions.
Connect and collaborate with passionate people who are working on projects, ventures, and collaborations to improve the city of Houston. If you have an idea, are working on something, or are looking for ways to collaborate with people who are doing work at the intersection of innovation and impact this event is for you! You can still join us, even if you will not be presenting a project! The event requires both a mixture of presenters and people from the community to support, listen, and collaborate with the presenters.
This month, we will be kicking off the session by featuring two speakers who are involved in work focused on SDG 16 – Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions. After these presenters are finished, we will open the floor to others presenters, per our usual format!
- Ximena Murillo, MIB: Ximena serves as President and Chief Executive Officer, as well as serving on the board of directors of U4C. She is an international business professional and social entrepreneur. In addition to her role at U4C, Ximena is a consultant in the areas of global development, corporate social responsibility, international business and social entrepreneurship.
- Angelique Geehan, Diversity and Cultural Sensitivity Consultant
- 6:00-6:30pm Meet + greet ; drink + light snacks
- 6:30-7:00pm Project presentations – maximum of 2:30 minutes per project and each project leader must answer the following questions:
- Brief personal introduction + What is your project?
- What stage are you currently at?
- What are your next series of steps?
- What are you currently looking for in the way of talent/skills from the community?
- 7:00pm-8pm Presenters breakout throughout the room and the community comes around their projects during…drum roll… Open Project Time!
- You can find paid metered street parking in front of the building; and both metered and free street parking in the surrounding neighborhoods.