addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board Minatures Historical or Otherwise › D&D miniatures changes

D&D miniatures changes

John
user 2286003
Carmel, IN
Post #: 20
I've got hundreds of minis, but for running 4th edition I keep finding myself using dice to keep track of the monsters. Easy to keep track, and I don't have to go digging through my giant box of minis (I used to organize them, gave up on that long ago).

The PC's still use miniatures though, so that's nice.

Too bad DDM skirmish game was abandoned, I used to have fun with it.
A former member
Post #: 45
Yeah,
I agree the the reaper plastics minis are good. I own a few myself. I agree the price hike sucks, but really its competitive for prepainted plastic minis. Reaper you can get 1 for $3.99- $6.49 (most avg $4.49)or sometimes 3 skellies or orcs for $5.99. WotC on the other hand 5 minis for $15 (= 3.00 per mini still cheaper than reaper plastic minis).

Also the new monster packs you can see the Rare it will be in a blister, as for the other four it will not be truly random since each pack will have its on SKU #. And it was said one will be able to order them by their SKU #, hence removing any randomness once you know whats in it at least.

I also wish they would just make them all visible, but I think they are trying to preserve the miniature after-market. Only time will tell how this marketing/sales ploy works...
A former member
Post #: 60
They're here... Well I went to my FLGS to get a good look at PH heroes. I have to say the paint jobs look terrible, even for someone who cannot paint.
I will have to admit I wasn't excited for the player minis. I am excited for the the monsters arriving in dangerous delves I believe next month.

The hero pack that looked like rangers had decent paint jobs. Also they had nice sculpts. At least though you know exactly what you are paying for. And now after seeing them up close I think the price tag for the heroes is bit higher than the product merits. Anyways my 2 cp.