addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › Savage Worlds: Legends of Steel

Savage Worlds: Legends of Steel

Tim
TimTerrific
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 17
Legends of Steel is a cinematic, sword and sorcery campaign world using the Savage Worlds rule system. The campaign is meant to emulate the world of Conan, or Thundar the Barbarian, or Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser. Iron Maiden plays Wagner's Ring Cyle as background music.

It's set on Erisa, a world of loin cloths, chain mail bikinis, and mighty thews. All human, no elves or dwarves. Magic is feared and dangerous.

The campaign is titled "Shadows of Yar." Yar is the Third Reich of the setting: evil doers who provide an easily recognized foe. The PCs will be freebooters who stumble, fight, drink, and wench their way across the lands of Erisa. They will constantly be encountering agents and machinations of Yar.

Info on Legends of Steel can be found here:

http://evildmproducti...­

The first session of the new campaign will be Friday, Feb. 25 at the Arsenal. We start at 7:00pm and go to 11:30pm or so. (The Arsenal closes at midnight). The first part of the night will be character creation, followed by a brief adventure.

Tim
Rob
Bavix
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 27
Hey Tim,

I'm a recent Savage Worlds convert and I'm very interested in the Legends of Steel game. I have the PDF for Legends of Steel and I'm making plans to be at the Feb. 25th session.
Tim
TimTerrific
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 18
Hi Rob,

I sent you an email.

Tim
Rob
Bavix
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 28
Hey Tim,

I'm afraid my email recently changed and I hadn't updated it yet on my profile. It's changed now.

Thanks,

Rob
Tim
TimTerrific
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 19
OK. Resent the email to you.

Tim
Heather
lovest1274
Fishers, IN
Post #: 248
Wow! Sounds wicked cool! Dave ran a Conan game many years ago and I still talk about how great it was. Taking magic away really helps focus a game on the characters and setting. :)
Tim
TimTerrific
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 20
Sword and sorcery action! Legends of Steel is a world of high adventure: loin cloths and chain mail bikinis; demons and witches; gladiators and pit fighters; silk and gold; ancient ruins and decadent cities.

The evil island kingdom of Yar seeks to reclaim its former glory. The Priest-King plots to overthrow the nations of Erisa by corruption and deceit, sending out shadowy tendrils into every kingdom and city-state.

The heroes seek gold and glory amongst the many lands of the world of Erisa. They will fight cultists, demons, snake men, and worse. They also find that the shadows of Yar lurk in every corner.

Our happy little group is looking for more players.

Have you ever wanted to play a PC who strutted around the battlefield wearing nothing but a loin cloth or chain mail bikini? Ever wanted to slay a demi-god? Shapeshift into a dire wolf and intimidate an entire army into standing down? In Legends of Steel: Shadows of Yar, our PCs have done all of these things. Come join us and you'll get to add your own epic feats to the story.

We game at the Arsenal from 7:00pm to midnight. Our next game is Friday, Dec. 9. We're planning for another session on Friday, Dec. 16. Then every other week after that: Dec. 30, Jan. 13, etc. With the holidays, our schedule is a little tentative. Once January comes around, we'll be back to a firm every other Friday schedule.

Tim