addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
So I just joined in the hopes of getting back into D&D. I haven't played in about 10 years. I've done some poking around and it seems there are many others in the same boat. We want to play but can't seem to get started.

The way I see it, there are 2 options:

A) please please pleeeeese invite me to your group and help get me started. screw everyone else.

B) a bunch of us that don't know what we're doing can get together and try to sort it out. this is going to be work (but worth it, I'm sure).
Dave W.
user 13752074
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 22
I wish you the best of luck. D&D is about a thing of the past. D&D has been replaced by Pathfinder. Pathfinder and 3.5 D&D are very close to being identical. Wizards of the coast came out with 4th edition and in my opinion is horrible. Wizards is coming out with a new version this year. but I wouldn't waste my time with it most gamers are playing Pathfinder have all the books bought and probably won't switch. A good way to learn to play Pathfinder is they have games all over the city at game stores called Pathfinder Society. The only draw back with society games most of the DMs are inexperienced and there really is not much role playing in the games. The Pathfinder society games are also watered down, encounters not tough enough, modules are always geared for the players to win. I have played in about 60 society games an only died once. I have a group that meets If you are interested Also if interested I can maybe start a beginner group for everyone. Please let me know what your intentions are.
A former member
Post #: 64
So I just joined in the hopes of getting back into D&D. I haven't played in about 10 years. I've done some poking around and it seems there are many others in the same boat. We want to play but can't seem to get started.

A) please please pleeeeese invite me to your group and help get me started. screw everyone else.

B) a bunch of us that don't know what we're doing can get together and try to sort it out. this is going to be work (but worth it, I'm sure).

Yes Pathfinder is probably much closer to what you remember from playing D&D, If you can make the trip, we run multiple Pathfinder games every Thursday evenings from 6:30 - 8:45 at the Plainfield Public Library, and none of them are "society" games.
we also run the whole range of newbie to experienced in gamers and GM's.

There are D&D groups out there, but as was mentioned before, Wizards is coming out with a new edition and will more than likely abandon the current unpopular version so I wouldn't waste money on the books just yet.
Richard
R.A.-in-Poland
Warsaw, PL
Post #: 12

Well, you are invited to play Gary Gygax's Dungeons & Dragons. It's simple and allot less bookkeeping than 3x. We use the basic 3x engine but tweek it down. No skills. If a player searches a room he (or she we have more women than men in our group) actually declares they search a specific area specifically. Same with traps. Thief/Rogue has the mechanical % ability to disarm and spot hidden security devices (poison needles) as well as do the backstab thing.

Our game is lots more description than it is dice rolling. Riddles are solved in language at the table. When players overcome a trap, they know what the trap was rather than the DC.

So you're invited to play with us.
Dave W.
user 13752074
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 23
We meet in Fortville eveyo other week on Saturday afternoons hit me up if interested in playing we use Pathfinder game system.
Steven H.
user 7956862
Fortville, IN
Post #: 63
I'd like to add on to what Dave said. We game at my place in Fortville. We have a awesome gaming table, and a gaming room which is very accomodating. Feel free to contact me. Dave has expressed he is not sure he wants to continue gaming at this time. So I figured I'd reach out to anyone interested.
Jayson Z.
user 48855032
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 3
I am running a 4e group we play every Sunday at Arsenal games. Homebrew setting and I currently have 2 spots I need to fill as 2 players (one being a walking plot point in this game) up and quit.
Right now our party consists of

Warlord
Cleric Hybrid class
Rogue
Fighter (NPC)

If interested we have no issues with teaching the system as we go and seeing they are still only lvl 2 plenty of time to catch on

hit me up with an email zwirnerj@yahoo.com if you wish to join us