What we’re about
Where introverts unite!
Because introversion does not mean being anti social or a recluse.
• Slow talk: Everything & everything
• Slow talk 2.0 (Topics provided and group mixers)
• Empathy box
• Anonymous confession
• Peer to peer support group
Hi guys! Awkward at social events? Want to meet new people? Trying to dip your toes in the meeting strangers pool?
Guess what? Me too! So why not we do it together? :D
Being an ambivert biased to introvert I know how awkward it is to be at an event and not know what to do. I plan to create a certain structure/guideline for each event so that no one gets lost.
1. This is more of an experimental group right now, see how this goes, hope we get new friends and maybe even family. :D
2. It would be awesome to keep this as "hangout" oriented kinda event instead of "business" oriented event.
Introverts & conversations 1st event was on the 22nd January 2017
Upcoming events (1)See all
- Empathy Box ConversationsAll Day by Union Roastery @ 3 Damansara, Petaling Jaya, SE
Something weighing on your mind? Got a personal story to share?
The Empathy Box (https://empathybox.co) is a conversation facilitation toolkit created by Tribeless (https://www.tribeless.co), a global movement and empathy training firm with a presence in 22 countries around the world.
It is a card-based facilitation tool designed for analogue connection in an increasingly digital society.
It provides a structure for conversations that foster empathy, respect and understanding within a group of people.
We face a new kind of poverty in the 21st century: a poverty of connection, community and support. Mental health issues are on the rise. We're addicted to our devices. We've lost touch with our friends and neighbors.
The Empathy Box aims to create more safe spaces that cut through the small talk and allow us to truly connect as human beings.
Welcome to the story circle! This is a safe space for you to listen, share and be yourself.
There will be 3 principles that will be uphold in this Story Circle:-
- SHARE HONESTLY - share personal stories that are grounded in 3 me's: meaningful, memorable & about me
- LISTEN OPENLY - set aside your opinions & judgement, try listening for the Storyteller, and ask for permission before you speak
- RESPOND KINDLY - commit to using the Response Cards that would be given to each person as mindfully + responsibly as possible
Each person would be able to choose one word from the 20 Context Cards that would be laid on the table for them to share their story.
Conversation stays in the group, no outside discussion of another person's story outside the group unless have received their explicit permission.
Do note that this session is not covered by any legal clause of confidentiality.
Looking forward to your stories. :)