addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

People Who REALLY Build Things! Message Board › RFID reader project - need help & ideas

RFID reader project - need help & ideas

Scott T.
staggart
Roseville, CA
Post #: 125
Hi all,
I am looking to build a simple, cheap rfid reader system for an annual bike race I put on. W/o going into all the race details, let's just say that I can bring the riders to a stop (not preferred) to scan them and that it's OK if I serialize them as I scan them (meaning I don't have to scan 10 simultaneously). Anyway, I am willing to do all the s/w, etc. so no worries there. I am looking for ideas on both the reader technology (ideally, I could have something a riders just gets near but I could settle for something I have to wand them with) and the rifds themselves. I know there are throw-away types that are < $1 each that can be stuck on things all they way up to epoxy encased things that are $25 each. Ideally, my budget is a few hundred bucks. Ideas & thoughts greatly appreciated.