1 Silchester Road W10 6EX, London
The session is 2.50 hours from[masked]pm.
(If you prefer games only, please sign up from games only session)
Please do read the details below carefully before joining:
- If you are a Junior age 11-18, please come with your parent(s) on first day, so that we can discuss the regular coaching programme.
- If you are an Adult, you are welcome to try coaching session first to decide if you prefer regular coaching or pay as you go, or just want to do games only.
There are two options, please choose the one you are interested, but please note the spots will be prioritised for the players on regular coaching.
· Regular systematic coaching programme
· Pay as you go
Details for these two options:
a) Regular systematic coaching programme:
1) Why coaching regularly in ISO?
We are always fair and we do care for each player’s improvement. Players have told us that they have improved because of the training and the games they play with better players. Also, players will be invited to stronger sessions once improved to the required levels.
2) How many players and what time?
We will limit to 4 players each time (less players, more coach time), you can play games for the rest hours. So initially we only take 8 players, but may change depends on the demands. The start time is 2pm.
3) How we run it?
It will be a fixed period of systematic coaching - one month (4-5 sessions) per programme. You will need to pay beforehand. However, if you have to be absent, please inform us before the period starts, or you may lose money.
The coach will make the programme for your group once he knows your games. We will focus on different set of skills each week.
Two weeks before the period ends, we will discuss if you would like to continue for further coaching, or you want to stop.
4) Who will be the coach?
The coach at this session will be mainly Victor Liew – who is quoted by his students ‘the badminton celebrity’ and ‘the best men doubles player in London’. Other coaches will cover if Victor is not available.
If you like to do some private coaching with him, please contact him directly:
Victor also provides stringing service - charge £12 for BG65 and BG65ti; £15 for BG66 and BG80. If you wish to use other strings then you can contact Victor for prices as it will also depend on availability.
Victor Liew (Qualified Badminton England Coach) Profile:
'... I currently spend my full-time within the badminton environment in either a playing or coaching capacity; I am an international badminton player representing England and was part of the England setup from the age of 14 through to senior level.
I also represent the Middlesex 1st Team, recently promoted to the top division in the nation, Premier A, and in the past have played for a Swiss club in Zurich (BV Adliswil) playing singles and doubles. I am currently competing in the Senior International and National Circuit in all 3 events focussing on Mens Doubles, with a European ranking of 42.
My experience in coaching ranges from group coaching, as the Head Coach of Kings College London University (KCL) and University College London (UCL), as well as private sessions...'
5) How much does it cost?
It is £13 per session and you will need to pay monthly in advance (normal session is £8 so you just pay £5 more for an excellent coach with less players on the court). As mentioned, you are allowed to be absent but need to inform us before each period starts.
You can either paid by Cash or by Pingit/Paym - to Sophy Yu's mobile number[masked] 2688. (please download Pingit mobile app or use Paym through your bank app). You may also do bank transfer (bank details - Account Name: Sufang Yu; Bank: HSBC; Sort Code[masked]; Account number:[masked]; Reference: your full name.)
6) How to sign up?
Please contact Sophy at [masked] if you would like to try out.
Once confirm the spot, we will sign you up on meetup. So please ensure you change settings so you can receive the relevant emails from the club.
Please note that the coach might suggest you to practice the skills you have learnt. Please do check with Sophy if you want to get some knockers from the club or ask to help booking some cheaper courts.
b) Pay as you go option:
If you are not sure if the coaching suits you, you might come and try out. In this case, please sign up on meetup and pay as you go (£13 per session).
Please note the spot is limited and we will not guarantee if you can get a spot in this option. Also we will not be able to set up a programme for you specially and we will not track your progress. You may train with the players under regular coaching programme.
Under this option, please give 48 hours notice if you need to cancel, or you will receive a fine of £13. If the session is full, please only put on waitlist if you are definitely coming, as first player on waitlist will be put on automatically once a spot open. If you have made other plan, please take yourself off waitlist ASAP, or at least 24 hours before the session.
Further general details:
- RSVP: If you signed up for this session, you do NOT need to sign up on normal games session. Otherwise, you may be double charged.
- Parking: free parking off road just in front of the building.
- Directions to the venue: When you come out of the Latimer Station, turn left and shape left again and walk about 2 minutes the building in a light blue/green colour. Please ask for Kensington Aldridge Academy badminton hall and NOT Kensington Leisure Centre next door!
- Shuttles: Feather shuttles will be used.
- Meeting expectation from the school: 1) no food (including snacks consumed in the badminton hall); 2) no marking shoes on the court; 3) no smoking in the school (including the playground). If you got a fine because of this, it is purely your responsibility.
- Social: We have set up an ISO Facebook group to all members for some club discussions and some jokes (or gossips) as well! If you are interested, please text Sophy on[masked] or visit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/808969352479450/
- Disclaimer: Please do not leave your stuff behind. We accept no responsibility for personal injury, stolen or damaged property or any other damage occurred in our club sessions.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.