addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The London Italian Language Meetup Group Message Board › Important- Italian Language Meet-up Membership

Important- Italian Language Meet-up Membership

Simon
SimonLondon
Group Organizer
London, GB
Dear all

Happy new year, hope you had a great time.

We are going to re-introduce a £10 annual membership fee (£5 for the unemployed) for regular members (people who have come to more than two meetings) from 01/01/11. 

Sadly the Italian Language Meet-Up has nearly run out of money and we need to pay for the website and, at times, the cost of organising events. 

Therefore we've decided to re-introduce the membership to improve our finances so we can carry on doing interesting things and, hopefully, do some different ones as well. The last time we run a membership scheme was three years ago and the reality is that we need to do so again for the group to continue.

Regular members will have to pay £10 (£5 if you are unemployed) and we'll be giving members first option on any events where attendance is limited.

Payment can be made in cash to myself or to any of the Assistant Organisers at our events.

Alternatively you can pay by Pay Pal (I will add a link on the website in the next couple of days).

Given the amount of events we organise we feel we offer great value for money and we intend to continue to do so.

cheers

Simon
Simon
SimonLondon
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 73
Dear all

Happy new year from the Italian Language Meet-up everybody.

In 2011 we held 45 events including pub nights, picnics, cinema nights, opera evening, walks, quizzes and concerts which had about 1,900 attendees.

A big thank you to everybody who paid their membership for 2011. I am delighted to say that your 2011 membership is now being extended free of charge to 2012 (ie if you paid in 2011 you do not need to pay in 2012). We will continue to offer you first refusal at all meet-up where the numbers of attendees are limited. Its great to know you appreciate the group and want to contribute to keeping it going.

However those of you who did not pay the annual membership in 2011 are expected to pay the annual membership in 2012 if you are, or become, a regular member. A regular member is somebody that has come to more than two meet ups. In practice many of you have been far more than twice without paying the membership and although I am pretty lax on these things you are expected to contribute at some point.

The fee is £10 for 2012, £5 for the unemployed (etc).

I wish to be clear. I have paid, the Assistant Organisers have paid, my friends at the meet-up have paid and the vast vast majority of regular members have paid. There are no 'special' members who have a free membership. I am not going to ask paid members to contribute again whilst other regular members still haven't contributed anything.

The London Italian Language Meet Up says no to this kind of Belusconiasm!

This is a matter of fairness as far as I am concerned. We introduced a membership fee on this 1 January 2011 as this seemed the best way of funding the group as I didn't see why I should fund it myself. The logic is that everybody who comes to the group should contribute to keeping the group going if they are enjoying the meetings we organise. There are no exceptions to this logic and if you are unwilling to contribute we are not the group for you.

Hope to see you on Tuesday, 10 January.

Once again, happy new year, hope its a good one!

Simon
Simon
SimonLondon
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 77
Happy new year everybody, hope you have a great 2013!

A quick look back on 2012.
In 2012 the Italian Language meet up held 46 events including our 10th birthday party, a trip to Rome, three walks, two wine tasting events, two theater visits, numerous cinema nights, numerous museum visits, a leggiamo articoli dei giornali evening and an aperitivo con stuzzichini Christmas party amongst many other events.

We had just over 1,950 people at our events.

Membership
I am delighted to say that we are once again waiving the annual membership for Full Members in 2013 (those that paid the annual membership in 2011 or 2102). Yes it means that Full Members will not have to pay theri annual membership in 2013.

If you have come to more than two meet-ups you are expected to become full members (£10 or £5 cons) . This is non-negotiable.

Full Member is written on the profile of those that are full members. When we have meet-ups where places are limited Full Members get the first option on places before they are made available to the wider group.

RSVP
We're going to be taking a harder line on people that RSVP 'Yes' and then don't come to the event. There are times when organising events takes a lot of effort and often our events are full. To not turn up after RSVPing 'Yes' shows a lack of respect to the organiser and other group members.

Anyway the first meet up of the year is on Tuesday 15 January,

hope to see you there
Simon