addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Jacksonville Italian Cultural and Language Meetup Group Message Board Homework assignments and review topics › December 15, 2012 - Homework Assignment - Buon Natale!

December 15, 2012 - Homework Assignment - Buon Natale!

Eli S.
Eli_Seagraves
Group Organizer
Fernandina Beach, FL
Post #: 58
Buon Natale!

The assignment for this session is to share anything you would like about Christmas and or New Years. For example you could find or create an Italian Christmas card, write a few sentences about Christmas in Italy, or share an article about New Years celebrations in Italy.

Here is holiday season vocabulary to help you out: Buon Natale

Please post your homework if you can; that will make it easier to share with the class.
How to post your homework: How to post homework

Here is the review vocabulary from the last workshop: Ristorante Page 1, Ristorante Page 2
(Grazie mille Francesca!)

Altre cose:

Eli S.
Eli_Seagraves
Group Organizer
Fernandina Beach, FL
Post #: 60
For my homework I have tried to translate a Christmas song from Italian to English; here is my attempt:

le luci di Natale
di
Max Pezzali

Ci sono giorni qua da noi che piove tanto che sembra non smettere mai
These days in our life the hard rain never seems to end.

e ci son giorni qua da noi che ti immagini i colori che non vedrai
An these days in our life you immagine colors you do not see.

ci son giorni qua da noi che a nebbia non ti fa capire chi sei e dove sei
e perché ci sei nato e quando mai ne uscirai
these days in our life the fog afords no understanding of who or where you are,
or why you were born or when it all will end.

ma se tu mi guardi così, quasi sussurrandomi che è tutto parte di noi
sembra tutto accendersi come con le luci di Natale che colorano quello che accarezzano
But when you look at me that way, almost whispering,”It is all part of who we are.”
It seems everything begins to glow as if the lights of Christmas color and caress us.

Ci sono sere qua da noi, che vuoi farti un giro però poi non ci vai.
perché il finale qua da noi di un film che hai già visto mille volte lo sai
These days in our life, when you want to go for a ride but we do not go
Because the ending in our life is a movie you know and have seen a thousand times.

e ci sono sere qua da noi che te ne vai a letto ma dormire non puoi
perché il silenzio qua da noi fa dele domande a cui non risponderai
and in our life, there are days you go to bed but can not sleep
because the silence in our life asks questions that have no answers.

sembra tutto accendersi come con le luci di Natale che colorano quello che accarezzano
But when you look at me that way, almost whispering,”It is all part of who we are.”
It seems everything begins to glow as if the lights of Christmas color and caress us.

sembra tutto accendersi come con le luci di Natale che riscaldano quello che attaversano
But when you look at me that way, almost whispering,” It is all part of who we are.”
It seems everything begins to glow as if the lights of Christmas give warmth to our way.

sembra tutto accendersi come con le luci di Natale che riscaldano quello che attaversano
It seems everything begins to glow as if the lights of Christmas give warmth to our way.