Do your friends roll their eyes when you broach the topic of TDD at the restaurant table?
Does your partner sigh when you grumble about your text editor in bed?
Then join your fellow developer compatriots at DevSocial and ....
• discuss what you really love doing and the tools that help you do it
• showcase that project you were supposed to have finished last spring but just got one "last" feature to code.
• finally wear your favorite "programmer" jumper out in public.
All this and in the most social of places ... the pub.
That's right! The pub.
The birthplace of many great inventions such as .... the beer mat ... the pint glass ... the pub brawl and ... err.... the snooker ball in a sock.
Sounds good? Then join this group and let me know.
But I don't drink
That makes the two of us. I'll be rocking my lemonade in the corner.
Why a pub?
Lack of any other venue really. Plus pubs let you stand ( the good ones anyway ) whilst you drink making it easy to mingle. It also means I don't need to worry about numbers. People just turn up and either join a table, join a standing group or prop the bar.
There's lots of language focussed meetups and then theres the general 'tech' or startup meetups. But none which are a) aimed solely at all developers and b) in a pub.
So how will this work then?
1. Go to decided pub
2. Buy a pint ( and some cheese and onion crisps )
3. Look for the table of programmers
When will this happen?
TBD but a Thursday in the month
TBD but Shibuya's Hobgoblin has a standing area. If you have any suggestions in commuter friendly areas let me know.
What should I do next?
Join the group as a thumbs up.