Learn the fundamentals of photography (composition, exposure, editing, workflow, and camera basics) in an interactive, fun and interesting way in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere so you can take better pictures.
The group is set up so that you can learn in an effective way and start using your new skills immediately. The class sizes will generally be small to maximise learning and each class will last 4-5 hours, including practice.
The classes will generally follow this format:
• Interactive learning through photograph exercises, discussion and questions.
• Go out and practice the new techniques using structured assignments and then free practice.
• Review images and share experiences/questions with the group.
Initially I will run 4 different courses but as the group expands I will expand the number of courses to include more specialist areas such as portraits and lighting. I will also run intensive day courses from time to time if there is demand. The initial courses are:
• Camera basics – learn the most important functions of your camera and lenses, why they are there and how to use them effectively.
• Exposure – Learn to use your camera in full manual mode so that you get the images you want in exactly the way that you want them.
• Composition – Learn the basic elements of composition to improve the look of your images.
• Workflow/Processing – Learn the basics of processing your images in Adobe Lightroom.
There will be more detail about each course as they are organised. The first class will start at the end of January. Each class will cost about 5500yen, depending on the location. Because group sizes are small, places will be limited, but the courses will be repeated so there will always be other opportunities to get on the courses you want.
The group is run by Draycat, a British photographer, writer and teacher now based in Tokyo. http://www.draycat.com
"Draycat is born to be a teacher and I really did benefit from that: Well prepared lessons including handouts, fun exercises and field visits in Tokyo. Finally I know how to handle my camera. We absolutely recommend him!" Tanja & Dominik (Dec 2015)