We believe we can unlock our potentials by constantly learning and discussing topics both within and outside our professional domains. To achieve this we:
- create a discussion platform where a diversity of ideas and people come together.
- broaden our knowledge on various topics such as politics, economics, and business management.
- further raise our value as professionals in our own field.
We host discussion events on Sundays and use The Economist, an English-language magazine, as our main information source to collect discussion materials.
While everyone has their own goals and reasons for participating in the discussion events , general benefits include:
Improvement in facilitation and discussion skills,
exchanging different perspectives with diverse members,
enhance English proficiency, and
having a good reason and motivation to keep on reading the Economist.
(Attendance and participation is on a purely voluntary basis.)
■Preparation before the meeting:
1. Post the article(s) you would like to discuss from the latest issue of the Economist on the event page by Tuesdays.
2. Post the points and questions regarding the article that you would like to discuss by Thursdays.
3. Read the posted articles and post references or related articles that are helpful for discussion.
1. Icebreaker - Self-introduction - 10min.
2. Select 3 articles to discuss
3. Discuss each article - 30min. each
4. Exchange feedback - 10min.
■Discussion Flow for Each Article (Suggested)
1. Summarize the articles - 2min.
2. Lead discussion - 25min.
3. Conclusion - 3min.
■Fee: 1,000JPY (One drink included)
Full Event Guideline may be viewed at: