About this group:
This Meetup Group is all about how to buy a house in Japan as a foreigner. Tired of hearing 2nd and 3rd hand stories about "you can't get finance unless you are Japanese", or "houses are worthless after 30years anyway" from people who have no idea? We were, and that's why we started this group. This group aims to demystify the ins and outs of buying a house in Japan through sharing of first hand experience and expert information from licensed Japanese real estate agents.
Who should join:
If you are a foreigner living in Japan and are interested in buying a house for yourself or your family, then this Meetup Group is for you. Single foreigner's, fully foreign couples, or mixed foreign/Japanese couples, are the main demographic for this group. Even if you are considering your options for a few years down the road, the information shared in this group will help you plan correctly. Sorry but if you are a financial advisor/broker looking to sell investments to this group, then please do not join.
What members can expect of this group , and what we expect of you:
Members can expect to get accurate, first hand information on how a foreigner can buy a house in Japan. We also encourage a lot of open discussion and opinions. Key themes are:
1. Financing from major banks (how to get 1% interest rates, how much can I borrow, residency requirements, what if you have a Japanese spouse etc.)
2. Associated costs with purchasing a house (taxes, fees etc.)
3. Property type (house or apartment, new or used) pros and cons.
4. Leaving Japan and your options
5. The buying process start to end
6. Property value impacting factors
7. Buying simulations (loan amount based on income, required costs for varying price properties)
8. Permanent Residency Application Information