addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Mitsuwa Market Area Japanese Language and Culture MeetUp Message Board › Japanese Cooking Classes

Japanese Cooking Classes

A former member
Post #: 20
I wonder if anybody else is interested in these.

JASC downtown offers cooking classes. They meet one Saturday morning. The price looks to be $50-55, depending on the class. All ingredients and equipment are included in the price. There are none more scheduled for this year but it looks like there might be a few more, including one for oshougatsu ryouri (New Year's Food).

Viking in Glenview offers a Japanese Steakhouse (teppan) cooking class. I don't know how authentic it is, but I'm sure they'll teach some basic techniques and maybe a few tricks. It's a bit more expensive, $99 per person for one night.

Anybody else know of some cooking classes?