addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 21
In order to find eachother when we go to a large gathering (like the Mitsuwa Bon Odori coming up soon) I was thinking of having a flag made.

The first order of business is a name - I've talked about this at the group meeting, and we seem to be settling on (sorry for the romaji, I'm at work and don't have Japanese input) "Mitsuwa Nihongo Kurabu" or some variation thereof. In kanji/katakana, this is 9 characters, which makes it easy for layout and symmetry and all that.

However this is even a bit wordy. I'm thinking to go super simple, and make one of those shortened words that's so popular (like wapuro, makkudo, etc): ミニク. This would be simple, easily identifiable, and sort of be advertising for our group (miniku? nan da?) .

Any thoughts?
hiro t.
user 13203127
Roselle, IL
Post #: 9
I like the simple "Nihongo Kurabu" instead of "Mitsuwa Nihongo Kurabu" since that makes it sound like we're being sponsored by Mitsuwa. Also "Nihongo Kurabu" kinda reminds me of "Breakfast Club" which was a cheeky good 80's film.