addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 2
June 26, 27 is the annual Mid-America Japan festival. It's held at Forest View Educational Center, very close to Mitsuwa. There will be cultural exhibits and music, dance, and martial arts demonstrations.

For more information visit http://www.japanfest-...­

Perhaps we should schedule a meetup? I will be there the whole day Saturday, volunteering.
A former member
Post #: 62
You can find a section for the slideshows of pictures of Japan Festival 2009 in the middle left hand side.

It will help you visualize what you will see at the festival.
A former member
Post #: 4
Japan Festival needs your help volunteering. If you can volunteer for at least half a day on Saturday or Sunday, you can get a free T-Shirt and some food tickets. If you would like to volunteer, let them know directly, or tell me and I will pass your information along to my professor.
user 10875769
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 8
Volunteering doing what?
A former member
Post #: 5
Here are the dates and times and description from my professor:

June 25(Fri)
9:00 am---5:00 pm Preparation Help

June 26(Sat)
9:00 am---2:00 pm Festival Help
1:45 pm---7:00 pm Festival Help
9:00 am---7:00 pm Festival Help

June 27(Sun)
10:00 am---2:00 pm Festival Help
2:00 pm---6:30 pm Festival Help
10:00 am---6:30 pm Festival Help

Volunteer helping job description: preparation, receptionists, ushers, raffle ticket sellers, ushers.

Let me know, they still need lots of people to help.
Jim L.
user 6258809
Group Organizer
Mundelein, IL
Post #: 19
I'm interested in volunteering.
A former member
Post #: 6
It's still not too late to volunteer, so if you're interested, send me your full name, email address, and when you'd like to work. There is FREE STUFF if you work at least half a day.
A former member
Post #: 72
The flyer of the Japan Festival 2010 (see http://files.meetup.c...­) Phil and I will be volunteering for some of the attractions.
A former member
Post #: 87
This was a good opportunity to meet people who were interested in Japanese stuff.