addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Mitsuwa Market Area Japanese Language and Culture MeetUp Message Board › Attention: Jun and Hiro (Re: 11/18/10 Nabe menu)

Attention: Jun and Hiro (Re: 11/18/10 Nabe menu)

A former member
Post #: 163
Jun and Hiro san:

Thank you very much for your contributing your passion about Nabe to this event. I would like to set up a meeting for three of us to discuss what items to buy for nabe event. I think the next Thursday meetup is a good time for three of us. Please let me know what day and time is good for you guys for this meeting. I will contact you personally again later time to set up the meeting schedule. Thanks!

Kenji

A former member
Post #: 164
Potential nabe list:

For the vegetarian nabe:
conbu for the dashi.
tofu
hakusai
carrot
bakchoi
shirataki
shiitake
ankou (fish)
shrimp or any other fish product (fish)

Nabe's the shime:
hot soba or udon
A former member
Post #: 174
I am thinking that I would budget $20 for vegetarian nabe. If everything can be prepared withing this price, that would be wonderful. (I understand that vegetables can be usable for meat nabes as well. If ankou or fish products raise the price, could it be reconsidered?)
A former member
Post #: 177
Considering various aspects, Jun and I will go to H mart to purchase ingredients for hot pot. particularly, we will buy the following items for vegetarian Nabe:

Udon
Tofu
hakusai
carrot
shiitake
conbu for the dashi
bakchoi
shirataki
shrimp (or other fish products depending on availability)

Please let us know if you need anything else.

hiro t.
user 13203127
Roselle, IL
Post #: 6
To make the vegetarian one simple, i think we can omit the fish or shrimp. I plan to finish it as a hot udon so the fish or shrimp wont work with the dashi. Also I bought some frozen udon already so no need to buy extra.

Considering various aspects, Jun and I will go to H mart to purchase ingredients for hot pot. particularly, we will buy the following items for vegetarian Nabe:

Udon
Tofu
hakusai
carrot
shiitake
conbu for the dashi
bakchoi
shirataki
shrimp (or other fish products depending on availability)

Please let us know if you need anything else.

A former member
Post #: 179
Thank you very much for your input hiro san. So, I will remove Udon and Shrimp or fish from the previous list. Jun and I will purchase the following items for the vegetable nabe (and some of them will be used for the other nabes also). Let me know if I miss anything.

Tofu
hakusai
carrot
shiitake
conbu for the dashi
bakchoi
shirataki
A former member
Post #: 180
Hiro san,

I suspect that you bought Udon only for vegetarian nabe. If so, that is wonderful. If it needs to be reimbursed, please let me know. Arigato.

Kenji