addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tampa Japanese Meetup Message Board The Tampa Japanese Meetup Discussion Forum › Looking for playmates for my son (and me!)!

Looking for playmates for my son (and me!)!

Akiko B.
user 12484424
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Post #: 15
Riko-san!

!!! Yes, what a coincidence!!! "aka-chan cafe" sounds fun!!! We actually spend Osyougatsu in Japan and came back few weeks ago. I'm planing to go back for this spring if I could...I want to try to fly into Haneda airport next time!

I really look forward seeing you sometime soon!

Akiko
Cathy K.
CathyK
Tampa, FL
Post #: 4
Hello everyone!

It sounds like there are quite a few people with kids in the group! Has anyone managed to meet in person yet? :)

My daughter Lily is three years old, almost four. She has been growing up mostly in Japan and is bilingual, but since we came here in March she has started losing her Japanese very quickly. I am the only one she speaks Japanese with here (well, except Shimajiro, that is).

I would love to meet for a playgroup. We live in Holmes Beach on Anna Maria Island.

Yoroshiku ne :)
A former member
Post #: 3
Esther did you ever find any information about the Orlando Hoshuko? The link of the facebook thing doesn't work in your post... the e-mail address on their website is going completely unanswered (i've tried now like 5x over the past month). I've been desperatly trying to find out if they still exist or not so my children can attend.

Also I know this is the Tampa area meet up but there is nothing that I have been able to find in the area of florida i'm living in which is the Orlando area. So if any of you happen to be in this neck of the woods or know of anyone near me please let me know! Just moved here a month ago so fairly new to this state! :)
A former member
Post #: 20
Orlando Hoshuko still does exist because some of my friends take their kids there! Also, I just checked their website by myself a few minutes ago.

http://www.orlandohos...­ You can read in English and Japanese.

Good lucksmile
A former member
Post #: 5
I've read through thier website, and there is zero information on there about days/times/how to sign up/rules nothing. There is zero contact information other than an e-mail address that they either don't read or is completely old/obsolete since i've sent e-mails with zero reply. Is there any way to maybe get in touch with your friends and ask them when and where to go, and then maybe would be able to ask thema bout it in person?

**edit**

never mind about the time since I know that it's from 9-12, but no idea where ^^;
A former member
Post #: 21
I realized that there is enough information when you click the Japanese language version. When I checked their website, I didn't click the English version! When you click the 3rd tab from the left which says "Administraion" it explains things such as how to apply, fees, rules and so on in Japanese. If you like, I can translate for you. However, they are very important things. I think you should ask someone from the school.

You said you haven't received any reply from them yet. I think it is their Summer vacation now. I'm not sure when they will start new classes, but I think this Saturday (27th) or next Saturday (Sep 3rd) for sure, because my friends who takes their kids to the school just came back from Japan. I don't think they would like to miss the classes. Please be patient, I think someone from the school will contact you soon.

Here is their school address:
901 Highland Ave. Orlando, FL 32803
(Lake Highland Preparatory School)

They have classes every Saturday ( 9am to 12pm) except vacation time.
shavondra
user 46008142
Tampa, FL
Post #: 1
I live in Tampa fl you can call me 813 369-0651