addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tampa Japanese Meetup Message Board Japanese Films › Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Susan
user 10511511
Tampa, FL
Post #: 51
This looks like an interesting new film. Would anyone be interested in a meetup to go see it?

Article on Salon: http://www.salon.com/2012/03/14/sushi_gilttaste/singleton/­
Michael M.
user 12018761
Tampa, FL
Post #: 7
I'd be interested in seeing it. Is it playing anywhere in the Tampa area?
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 125
It will be shown as part of the Florida Film Festival at the Regal Winter Park Village B (near Orlando) on
Sunday, 4-15-2012 at 2:45 p.m. Tampa Theatre also says they'll be showing it "soon."

I'm sending out a mass email about the Florida Film Festival in a minute. If you all want to make Jiro an "event" in Winter Park, let me know. Otherwise maybe we'll wait for Tampa Theatre?
Jean W.
user 13149925
Tampa, FL
Post #: 2
Tampa Theatre is advertising Jiro Dreams of Sushi. They don't have a firm date yet...
A former member
Post #: 1
I've offered to host a Japanese Movie night at my house in Brandon.
At the moment it's an open discussion to find the best day and time.

My first suggestion was Saturday evening, June 9th.
But, that's also the same day as JETAA's Natsumatsuri 2012 so it may note be a good time.
Would an Afternoon "After Natsumatsuri decompression" lunch and a movie be better?

Sunday, the 10th, I'm hosting the June Stone Hill Science Fiction Association meeting.
(Search Necronomicon if you're interested in that)

The next weekend is the METROCON 2012 - Anime Convention.

Go to the Movie Night page and join the discussion.

Films I have available:
5 old Toshiro Mifune movies. From the "Clint Eastwood is borrowing my movies" era.
All 6 of the Lone Wolf and Cub movies (Kozure Ookami: Kowokashi Udekashi Tsukamatsuru)
Kurasawas's Drunken Angel (Yoidore tenshi) starring Toshiro Mifune
One of the Live Cast Lupin films: Strange Psychokinetic Strategy
Takashi Miike's Happiness of the Katakuras
Takashi Miike's Sukiyaki Western Django
all 3 of the Death Note films (Desu Nooto)

Ichi - Blind Swordswoman - Starring Haruka Ayase

Other people may have favorite films they wish to offer also.