addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tampa Japanese Meetup Message Board Cultural Opportunities › Japanese Flower Arranging--Last Chance!

Japanese Flower Arranging--Last Chance!

A former member

This is just a reminder that today is the deadline to sign up for this class! This is a really wonderful opportunity to get official instruction in the art of Japanese flower arranging--ikebana, the way of flowers. I mean really official! Once you've completed a satifactory arrangement in each style, the sensei stamps her seal on your progress sheet. The Ichiyo school in Tokyo keeps track of students progress...this is how artists eventually receive certification to teach the art.

Although the original workshop session was scheduled for four Saturdays, we've been trying to accommodate people who are having scheduling conflicts with vacations and such. So...we could double up and have classes 1 and 2 on July 11, and classes 3 and 4 on July 18.

We really need to know today if you are interested so the instructor can purchase supplies.

Introduction to Ikebana Workshops

You can register directly at Tokyo Mokyo's website­ or contact me at *email address gone* for more information. Time's running out!

A former member
Post #: 3
Due to a lack of registered students, this workshop series has been canceled. We're not giving up, however, and I'll be taking classes directly from sensei Jeanne at her home studio. I'll try to post pictures of my "beginners" arrangements in the Photos section so those who may have been interested but couldn't swing it this time will see what it's all about.
Esther (.
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 61
If anyone's still interested in learning ikebana, you can attend meetings of Ikebana International, Chapter 65 in Seminole. They're usually in the morning on one Monday each month. Some of the masters and instructors in the various schools also teach privately. Visit the II page for more information.

Contact me if you'd like to see a workshop series scheduled for this side of the Bay, and I'll look into getting someone over here.