addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tampa Japanese Meetup Message Board The Tampa Japanese Meetup Discussion Forum › Possible meet-up with kids

Possible meet-up with kids

A former member
Post #: 8
Ohayo, konnichiwa, konbanwatongue

Hello. I am not sure how many are interested or have kids but thought maybe we can have a meet-up one day with children activities. I grew up in Japan and remember a few fun games. Just a thought.

Tampakumicho
Tampakumicho
Tampa, FL
Post #: 7
I think this is a great idea. I taught elementary school in Japan and remember some great activities as well. I've also had family night karaoke at Tampa Karaoke. It's fun for everyone, kids and adults. If you want to set something up, I'll advertise it through the Tampakumi list as well.
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 45
Just so happens we're planning a picnic for October...details to be posted soon. laughing
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 46
The child-friendly picnic is on the calendar! Hope you both can make it. I want to learn those kids' games! I also want to learn the words to Takoyaki-ondo...the Kumagai Mana version. Any help there? John, what do you say we invite Kiyo Jannereth and her yahoo group too?

takoyaki takoyaki
takoyaki-ondo
arigatou tabe ni
takoyaki-ondo
ponyo ponyo ponyo yo~~~
A former member
Post #: 9
Sounds like fun. I suppose maybe we will need to get everyone to post what they are bringing? I know I will bring some Japanese sweets but still deciding on what dish to take. Yakisoba....gyoza...onigiri...hmmm..nani­ shiyo ka na...
I'll bring my 4 year old as well.
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 48
I got some Japanese curry at 1st Oriental...I think I can handle that. I'll probably make some plain onigiri just as a way of transporting servings of rice to go with the curry.