addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Dallas Japanese Language and Culture Meetup Group Message Board › japanese film recommendations

japanese film recommendations

A former member
Post #: 1
hi all, it was fun meeting everyone last night! as i mentioned, i am posting some of the japanese movies that i’ve seen and recommend. please reply with your own lists. hopefully, we can find a good location in th future so we can all watch cool films occasionally. it is one of the fun and good ways to learn the language and discuss the culture. smile

confessions
tokyo family
memories of matsuko
all around us
survive style 5+
welcome to the quiet room
rurouni kenshin
Aavorus A.
Aavorus
Plano, TX
Post #: 24
Shall we ダンス? (1996)
Train Man (電車男, 2005)
Nana (ナナ, 2005)
Big Man Japan (大日本人 Dai Nipponjin) -weird!
Tony C F.
user 12539529
Dallas, TX
Post #: 2
1988 Tonari no Totoro [Hayao Miyazaki] animation, family value, fantasy
1989 Patlabor the movie [Kenji Kamiyama] animation, sci-fi, mystery
1992 Porco Rosso [Hayao Miyazaki] animation, war, love, fantasy
1993 Umi ga Kikoeru [Tomomi Mochizuki] animation, romance
1995 Ghost in the Shell [Mamoru Oshii] animation, sci-fi, mystery
1998 Ring [Hideo Nakata] live action, horror
1999 Ring 2 [Hideo Nakata] live action, horror
2003 G@me [Satoshi Isaka] live action, mystery
2007 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society [Kenji Kamiyama] animation, sci-fi, mystery
2008 Aruitemo Aruitemo [Hirokazu Koreeda] live action, family value
2013 Legal High [Ishikawa Junichi] live action, comedy
2014 Trick: Last Stage [Yukihiko Tsutsumi] live action, action, comedy
2014 Sakasama no Patema [Yasuhiro Yoshiura] animation, sci-fi, fantasy, philosophy
Tony C F.
user 12539529
Dallas, TX
Post #: 3
I have all of these movies, I think, with the exception to a few. I also pre-ordered Sakasama no Patema (ships on 10/20). Some of these movie may have been subbed in Chinese, unfortunately. But most are subbed in English.
Tony C F.
user 12539529
Dallas, TX
Post #: 4
Rurouni Kenshin - Kyoto daika hen [Keishi Ohtomo]
http://hypesphere.com...­

This is the opening song for the original anime:
https://www.youtube.c...­

This is 'Heart of Sword' with movie trailer:
https://www.youtube.c...­

This is an anime super classic. I'd put it on the level of Yuu Yuu Hakusho and Dragon Ball Z.