Find us at: javamug.org ( http://www.javamug.org )
Please note this is at the new Improving location. Please give yourselves time to find somewhere new if you have not been here yet (see additional instructions below).
6:30 PM - 7:00 PM Pizza
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Meeting
VueJS: The last front-end framework you will ever need
VueJS is the new contender for 'best front end framework' and is running a very close second place to React in popularity amongst knowledgable developers. It is gaining mindshare and has incredible momentum, all for very good reasons!
Join us for this introductory workshop in which we fully explore everything that makes VueJS the last framework you will ever learn ... because you won't ever want to use anything else again!
Upon completion, you will be armed with the skills and knowledge to create sophisticated VueJS components that:
• Define and use dynamic data constructs
• Dynamically update data views, content and styling based on realtime changes to data
• Animate transitions between views as well as when elements are added and removed from the view
• Define and dynamically invoke event handlers generated by UI elements
• Use Vuetify: amazing, mature and visually appealing UI widget library based on Material Design
• Install, configure and use the Vue Router.
• Install, configure and use Vuex to provide centralized application data management a la Redux
We will also explore deployment options and productionization of your application.
I look forward to sharing this amazing new contender in the front-end SPA framework space!
Complete Abstract (https://www.javamug.org/meeting/216)
Presenter: Michael Carducci
For nearly 20 years, Michael was a software engineer moonlighting as a magician. Now he's a magician moonlighting as a software engineer. In both endeavors he has dedicated himself to mastery and has gained deep insights both from his eclectic interests, entrepreneurial spirit, and experience that spans the full stack, the entire project lifecycle, and several technologies,
His time is equally divided between performing around the world, jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, and building software that doesn't suck.
Complete Bio (https://www.javamug.org/speaker/138)
Sponsored by Robert Half Technology
With more than 100 locations in North America, Robert Half Technology is a leading provider of IT professionals on a project and full-time basis for initiatives ranging from web development and systems integration to network security and technical support. Robert Half Technology is a division of Robert Half International, which is included on Fortune magazine's list of "America's Most Admired Companies." For additional information on how Robert Half Technology can support your job search, call[masked] or visit us at rht.com.
Improving moved to 5445 Legacy Dr. in Plano. This is the Northwest corner of Legacy and Hedgcoxe. It doesn't have great signage right now so here is a picture of the south side of the building (the side facing Legacy) where you should park and enter.
A couple of things:
• Doors will be locked after 6:00 PM but we will be monitoring the south doors until the meeting starts at 7:00 PM.
• After that or if you can't get in before then and no one is watching text (469)[masked].
• There is parking on the north side of the building too.
Hope to see everyone there.