addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 97
Stephanie and I went up to Fernandina Beach and Fort Clinch State Park on Saturday. I snapped these 2 shots inside one of the nearly pitch-black magazine rooms in one of the bastions (basically ammo storage rooms, no windows to the outside). I basically was holding the camera at waist height and snapping a pic through the door opening, this "ghost" wasn't visible when we were there and wasn't too clear on the screen when I took it. I know this is just some kind of light shining thru the opening, although I don't know how to cause the color differences and the shapes but......

Stephanie D.
user 4555737
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 35
No one has any thoughts on this??
Linda H.
Sprtlead
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 110
Looks like an angel to me as well. Perhaps your guardian angel!

Beautiful shot too!

Blessings,
Linda
Jimmy
user 5178864
Ponte Vedra, FL
Post #: 21
That is very cool, Tom. You really didn't do anything to make that happen??
A former member
Post #: 99
No I didn't do anything to try and capture this image. It was literally shot from the hip with the flash as I was was just curious what the inside of this dark chamber would look like. It was pretty weird.
James
user 108436302
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 1
I went a couple weeks ago to Fort Clinch, I was not able to capture anything on film , however I did get a EVP on my digital voice recorder, While in one of the dark column as I was speaking you can hear what sounds like a child playing and then a woman , moan.
Scott J. S.
user 7848834
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 35
The "angel head and wings" are a repeating pattern, similar in shape to the arched walkway you were standing in. I've seen multiple instances of a flash being captured in a single exposure before. The blue cast likely is a lens flare, the glass and color of the reflecting surface contributing to the color change. Care to share with us your settings and equipment used? Maybe we can attempt to duplicate the eerie composition!
Scott J. S.
user 7848834
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 36
For those who subscribe to the supernatural mythos, there is plenty of literature to whet your appetite, including a local television show that sought ghosts within that fort:

https://www.google.co...­

Be sure to also click on Images and Video tabs.
Karen P.
Shutterbug60
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 1
Stephanie and I went up to Fernandina Beach and Fort Clinch State Park on Saturday. I snapped these 2 shots inside one of the nearly pitch-black magazine rooms in one of the bastions (basically ammo storage rooms, no windows to the outside). I basically was holding the camera at waist height and snapping a pic through the door opening, this "ghost" wasn't visible when we were there and wasn't too clear on the screen when I took it. I know this is just some kind of light shining thru the opening, although I don't know how to cause the color differences and the shapes but......
definitly a woman.

Michelle T.
user 9277717
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 149
OK..... that's kind of creepy.... but in a cool way. :-)
What time of day were you there? What was the EFIX from this shot? What camera/lens were you using?
This might just be out next meetup.... LOL!!! Ghost hunting at Fort Clinch.... that and I've never been there. :-)
Thanks for sharing!!!!