addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sacramento Jazz Jams Message Board › Comment on Low Attendance and Canceling MeetUps

Comment on Low Attendance and Canceling MeetUps

A former member
The Sacramento Jazz MeetUp was established to promote the entire local Sacramento jazz scene, which includes fans meeting up. JB's Sunday Evening Jazz is the best and most consistent program in the area; without question. Any jazz lover will love knowing what's going on there consistently. It is not a money making project; the cover goes directly to the groups playing. The club gets none of it. It is run by Vivian Lee and myself as a labor of love only. The way to be seated with other MeetUp members is to let Vivian know you are from MeetUp when you get there for a show. I have personally seated members together; though there have rarely been multiple members showing up who have identified themselves for this purpose; even though the MeetUp home page clearly delineates how to make that happen.

The real problem is that folks often join various MeetUp groups but rarely go or spread their interest over many groups on MeetUp. Out of 150 members, I have never seen more that 4 "yes" RSVPs for any event put on Sacramento Jazz MeetUp (that includes me in the 4). This is true of many other MeetUp groups also in Sacramento. Those who have gone to JB's have loved it and became regulars despite being the only member to show up when they went.

Additional events have been strongly encouraged; as evidenced by the fact that Sacramento Jazz MeetUp has readily made assistant organizers of those who express a desire to add their events and join in the good work here. However, the number of events scheduled beyond Sunday Evening Jazz at JB's has been miniscule. Sunday Evening Jazz at JB's will continue to be a regular and consistent offering on MeetUp while fully supporting individual member sponsored MeetUps as well.

Many members have been very complimentary of this MeetUp and what it offers. We promise not to cancel any MeetUp opportunities but will be of greater assistance to members in getting attendance up and have you properly connected with other members if they also attend an event.
A former member
Post #: 1
Okay so let me see if I have this right. This site is not being used as a meet up so that folks who like to learn about more jazz venues and meet others share their interests at these venues. Therefore the only Jazz venue till now promoted on this site has been removed to help promote Jazz events in Sacramento so that subscribers can be more focused in the events being attended. No groups are being canceled be cause none are being listed. So now what efforts are being made to help us connect with others attending another event.???

I'll still be going to JB's and other Jazz venues by myself or with friends when the can come... I am not certain how you will know me but. stop by and say hi if you like.