addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

No BS Just Jeeps Virginia Beach Message Board › Local 4x4 Shops

Local 4x4 Shops

Rob N
Socar
Group Organizer
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 464
Feel free to express your opinion about any of the local shop that have either helped of hurt your 4x4 in the past. But don't just blow smoke. If they did either good or bad work please back it up with the facts. Rate their work with a 1-10 rating.
Brenton
Rebelfish
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 535
Big Al's brakes and mufflers helped install my flowmaster and they did a great job. I would rate them a 10 because of how fast they were with the install, the quality of their work and also the nice people there. They even knocked off $20 for no reason. Its the big Als on Princess Anne Road right before you get to Newtown Road.
Nurpler
user 4913152
Yakkabog, UZ
Post #: 6
Since there just are not that many 4x4 shops left in the area <grin>, I gotta tell you Eastern did my gears recently - some folks might balk at the prices they have but what I paid was well worth it - AND - if I ever need that gear job to be looked at (i.e. warrenty) I'm confident they'll still be around.

On a different topic - Hey, if you need an AWESOME custom bumper or just about anything fabricated for your Jeep you gotta check out Eddie at Ground Pounder Fabrication in Hampton. He's a soon-to-retire Army dude that really makes some kick-ass stuff. I bought a rear bumper from him recently and gotta tell you his stuff is top notch - he doesn't miss a detail and the quality will astound you. Likewise, if you call him he answers the phone. Great guy. Check out his store online and if you want, I'll provide pics of my bumper so you can see what I mean about top quality. His online store is: http://stores.ebay.co...­
A former member
Post #: 296
I can vouch for Eddie as well. I'm about to buy a bumper from him, and if I can spare the cash, he's going to design and fab up a front stinger bumper however I ask him to make it.

He's a moderator on JeepForum.com for the CJ section, and one hell of a guy. If you EVER need anything welded, this guy is a welding genius. Take a look at Mitch's or my (Soon to be) rear tire carriers. These things are built to freaking last!
A former member
Post #: 2
I have to agree with Brenton, The Big Al's shop is the bomb! My Jeep has been up there twice now and both times they have done a great job. Should you need any muffler work that is the place to go.
Brenton
Rebelfish
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 643
Berts Alignment Shop. They are a GREAT place for an alignment. Its $70 and you have to make an appointment. Their number is 499-2828. Andy said he just got his done today and they did a great job. They're located in Va beach right off Va beach blvd on Rose Merrie Road.
A former member
Post #: 341
As Brenton said, I went to Bert's today. As soon as Chris looked at my steering set up, he said, "You do this yourself?" Knowing exactly what he meant, I said, "Yep, installed by me, and messed up by me."

He walked me through the whole alignment process step by step, and spoke to me like a normal human being. Now, maybe that's because I actually knew what he was talking about, and could respond to the questions he was asking / tips he was giving. They have one heck of a shop, with a killer garage. I know what I want to do to my garage now. biggrin

The alignment was $70, plus a few torque wrench clicks for random stuff I asked him to check was $10.

$80 for the best alignment I've ever gotten, I definitely can not complain.
A former member
Post #: 27
Drive shafts. I took mine to Gregory's Machine Shop and it was ready for pick up in 2 days, he will work it faster if you need it. I let him know I would be out of town and it set there for a while. No problem they said. It didnt need extended or balanced just a new yolk and new grease fittings, 4 all together. $43 part and labor out the door. Nice folks and didnt try to blow smoke up my A$$.

Gregory's Machine Shop
(757) 490-1606
A former member
Post #: 28
Not sure if this fits this discussion but I found it helpful on my SYE install. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.co...­
A former member
Post #: 377
Drive shafts. I took mine to Gregory's Machine Shop and it was ready for pick up in 2 days, he will work it faster if you need it. I let him know I would be out of town and it set there for a while. No problem they said. It didnt need extended or balanced just a new yolk and new grease fittings, 4 all together. $43 part and labor out the door. Nice folks and didnt try to blow smoke up my A$$.

Gregory's Machine Shop
(757) 490-1606
Heh... I seem to be posting in this thread quite a bit. biggrin

Gregory's did me right. I completely blew out my CV joint on my front driveshaft about a year ago, and they welded on a new yoke, and had the centering ball in stock. 3 new u-joints, 1 centering ball, and 1 yoke later, I walked out the door with a better than factory front driveshaft. :D