Hello Bay Area Joomlaverse!
Joomla has been a perfect CMS for developing online directories from the beginning, and in 2013 the options are better than ever. In this Meetup we will explore the best components used for directories; Zoo by YooTheme, jReviews, SobiPro, Mosets Tree and other new components that have been created since Joomla 2.5 was unveiled.
Designing and developing a directory that can be monetized, get great search rankings and help build a network needs to be well planned from the beginning. Knowing how to choose and develop with the correct component for your needs can make or break future website expansion and greatly effect the time it will take to be successful.
In this presentation we will explore:
- How to create a road-map for developing a successful directory
- What features to look for and which components are best for specific purposes
- How to extend a directory component and charge for listings or subscriptions
- Techniques for SEO and integration with SEF Url management
- How to market the directory and get the word out from many angles
- What resources there are for integrating with JomSocial and other extensions
It is evident that the Internet still has a lot of room for growth in this sector, and directories have been undervalued for their ability to increase business for many years. This is especially the case when looking at the billions wasted on ad campaigns that rarely give a good return on investment.
James Foreman will be presenting and will share his expertise after 15 years of work in this area of Web Development and Internet Marketing.
Presentation and QnA: 6:30 - 9pm
*Where: NextSpace 2nd Street, 2nd Floor, not Union Square location
We hope to see you there!