What we're about
OUR CLUB IS A YOUNG GROUP OF OVER 150 FUN AND FRIENDLY ENGLISH CONVERSATION LEARNERS/NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS WHO ARE ALL BEGINNER UKELELE PLAYERS.
CONVENIENT LOCATION: OUR CLUB MEETS OFTEN WITHIN A 5 MINUTE WALK OF THE JOYCE-COLLINGWOOD SKYTRAIN STATION (ZONE 1, EXPO LINE) IN EAST VANCOUVER
A UKELELE IS A COOL SOUNDING AND CUTE SMALL GUITAR-LIKE 4 STRINGED HAWAIIAN MUSICAL INSTRUMENT THAT IS BECOMING MORE POPULAR IN VANCOUVER.
UKELELE NOT NEEDED TO JOIN OR ATTEND THE UKELELE EVENTS BECAUSE WE HAVE EXTRA UKELELES.
MEMBERS MUST ATTEND UKELELE LEARNING EVENTS AND ENGLISH CONVERSATION EVENTS
FUN PRIVATE/GROUP PLAYING AND SINGING UKELELE LESSONS FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS AVAILABLE AT A LOW COST: DISCOUNT FOR MEMBERS (FAMILY AND FRIENDS TOO) OF THIS MEETUP GROUP
ENGLISH SPEAKING, WRITING, READING, LISTENING, IELTS, LPI PRIVATE/GROUP LESSONS AVAILABLE FOR A LOW COST
1) LEARN/IMPROVE ENGLISH CONVERSATION, PRONUNCIATION AND LISTENING SKILLS FOR YOUR JOB, SCHOOL, OR TO MAKE NEW WORLD FRIENDS
2) LEARN HOW TO PLAY AND SING WITH THE UKELELE (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEATLES, POP, HAWAIIAN, COUNTRY, JAPANESE, KOREAN, SPANISH, CHILDRENS, CHRISTMAS SONGS, AND MORE)
3)COOL ACTIVITIES: BUBBLE TEA, KARAOKE, PICNICS, HIKING, BOULDERING, MOVIES, BOARD GAMES, DINING OUT, CONVERSATION CAFES, UKELELE PLAYING IN THE PARK, FRISBEE, TAKOYAKI PARTIES, ROBSON SQUARE BALLROOM AND SALSA DANCING, AND MORE
4) MAKE NEW LIFETIME FRIENDS!!
NOW YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO A DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER CAFE TO PRACTICE SPEAKING ENGLISH ANYMORE.
My name is Pete, and I created this awesome Meetup group to bring the Joyce-Collingwood community together. I felt that there is a need for people living near the Joyce-Collingwood Skytrain Station to meet and get to know their neighbors through fun English conversation and playing the ukelele. People living in other areas of the Lower Mainland may also apply for membership. Joyce-Collingwood Skytrain Station is close to 29th Avenue Skytrain Station, Nanaimo Skytrain Station, Broadway-Commercial Skytrain Station, and Metrotown Skytrain Station.
THIS MEETUP GROUP IS PERFECT FOR VANCOUVER NEWCOMERS AND VISITORS.
• Everyone welcome ( English learners and Native English speakers)
• FEMALE MEMBERS WILL FEEL SAFE AND COMFORTABLE BECAUSE ALL MALE MEMBERS MUST BE APPROVED BY THE ORGANIZER
• Improve your English communication skills for your job, school, or to make new friends
• Free regular fun English conversation events on convenient days
* Regular learn how to play the ukelele and singing events (ukelele not required since we have extra ukeleles)
EVERY SUMMER WE HAVE A HAWAIIAN THEME UKELELE INTERNATIONAL FOOD POTLUCK PICNIC AT A PARK NEAR THE JOYCE-COLLINGWOOD SKYTRAIN STATION. WE EAT DELICIOUS FOOD, PLAY FUN GAMES, AND PLAY AND SING WITH THE UKELELE.
MAKE NEW FRIENDS FOR LIFE: hang out and have lots of fun English conversation, play English conversation games over coffee, and learn how to play and sing with the ukelele with your new friends.
JOYCE STATION ENGLISH CONVERSATION VENUES: Tim Hortons ( cheap coffee, hot chocolate, baked goods), Sunflower Bubble Tea Restaurant, Bao Bakery, Bamboo Cafe
ENGLISH CONVERSATION TOPICS: Keeping safe in Vancouver, travel and adventure stories, how to find a good Vancouver job, school issues, hobbies, music, yoga and exercising, relationship building, food and drink, movies, cooking, musical instruments, dating and relationship skills, sports, protecting the environment, job finding, Vancouver Canucks, pets, family, snowboarding, teaching English to children, Canadian culture, healthy food/good diet, future goals etc.
UKELELE PLAYING AND SINGING VENUES: VARIOUS INDOOR AND OUTDOOR LOCATIONS 5 MINUTE WALK FROM THE JOYCE-COLLINGWOOD SKYTRAIN STATION
COOL CLUB ACTIVITIES: learn how to play the ukelele, hiking, barbecues, Canuck games, video gaming, walking, dim sum, salsa and ballroom dancing, language exchanges, snowboarding, sightseeing, night clubbing, cooking, music events, ziplining, board games, rock wall climbing, yoga, potlucks, volleyball, dinner and a movie at Metrotown, beach picnics, bowling, sushi and ramen nights, museums, karaoke, takoyaki parties (takopa) and bubble tea nights.
JOYCE-COLLINGWOOD ENGLISH CONVERSATION PRACTICE: You can make new world friends including good Canadians and talk with your neighbors in a fun, friendly, and safe environment. Female members will safe and comfortable at all the events because all male members must be approved by the organizer.
EASY TO APPLY FOR A FREE CLUB MEMBERSHIP:
1) Provide a CLEAR current authentic close-up photograph showing your whole face (NO SUNGLASSES, MASKS, OBJECTS BLOCKING FACE ETC.) BE SURE THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE PICTURE.
NO SNAPCHAT PICTURES, DRAWINGS, ETC
2) Fully answer ALL questions/ALL parts in membership questionaire
3) Apply with your name in the English alphabet. Be sure that your Meetup name is in English only.
* YOUR MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED (NOT APPROVED) IF STEPS 1, 2,3 ARE NOT DONE
4) NO ADVANCE OR PROFESSIONAL UKELELE PLAYERS