- NG forms & grids with a NoSQL BE & Lazy Loading on Steroids (with NG Elements)
- From WordPress to Gatsby & Offline experiences with Workbox
- Securing node.js apps & introduction to React
- Angular Universal & SEO and Consumer Driven contract testing with Pact
• What we'll do Our next meetup will be hosted by Axxes in Antwerp • Schedule: 18h00: arrival at Axxes offices. Axxes will provide us with food and drinks. 19h00: Intro by JSBE 19h05 Axxes 19h15: "Angular Universal & SEO" Angular Universal is more than pre-rendering on the server. In this talk we will learn how to leverage techniques like JSON-LD, the correct meta tags and dependency injection to generate useful server-side rendered code. What will be discussed: - What is the goal of Angular Universal? - Why & when (not) to implement Universal? - Different ways to optimise for SEO - How does dependency injection help? Speaker: Sam Vloeberghs I'm a Belgium 🇧🇪 based freelance software architect and Internet entrepreneur, currently focussing on frontend technologies. Co-organiser of NG-BE and Angular Belgium meetup. https://samvloeberghs.be ----- 20h00: "Consumer Driven contract testing with Pact" Communication between frontend and backend is a crucial part of a successful application, but in the era of microservices making sure everybody speaks the same language isn't always that easy. In this talk I want to show how pact can help us build, test and maintain contracts so we can rest assured with each iteration our software keeps on working. Speaker: Yannick Houbrix 22h00: Doors close • Sponsor Thanks to Axxes for hosting us & providing food & drinks!
- Machine learning for web developers & Typescript all over the place
• What we'll do Our next meetup will be hosted by Axi in Willebroek • Schedule: 18h00: arrival at Axi offices. Axi will provide us with food and drinks. 19h00: Intro by JSBE 19h05 Axi 19h15: "Machine learning for web developers" Machine learning is the thing that puts the wow-factor into your application. And just like any other wow-factor, people get used to it and start to expect it. Machine learning is the domain of data scientists, but is getting more and more important for developers too. After all, you have to put this into your app. In this talk we'll go through the basics of machine learning and illustrate those concepts with just a bit of tensorflow.js. This is a talk by a developer for developers Speaker: Lander Verhack 20h00: "Typescript all over the place" In this talk I will explain to you how to use angular universal together with inversifyJS and an orm in typescript. Using one language will provide you with more flexibility on both the client and the server. We will dive into Questa an opensource question and answer platform build with these technologies to learn all these technologies and the advantages that it brings. What are the tricks and caveats when you are using typescript all over the place is something you will find out after this talk. Speaker: Joris Hermans Joris Hermans was responsible for goudengids.be in the past. He works now at Dematic building web application in the cloud for the industrie 4.0 movement. You will find also some video course of him about node.js published by Packt Publishing, check out his latest title, tips tricks and techniques with node.js development. Want to find out more about Typescript then his youtube channel is great resource to follow, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrCJmpy47G_bcEYYCZ60NLw 22h00: Doors close • Sponsor Thanks to Axi for hosting us & providing food & drinks!
- e2e testing with Cypress.io & memory leaks in RxJS
• What we'll do Our next meetup will be hosted by Cegeka in Leuven • Schedule: 18h00: arrival at Cegeka offices. Cegeka will provide us with food and drinks. 19h00: Intro by JSBE 19h05 Cegeka 19h15: "Changing the Game with Cypress" When we talk about UI tests, the first thing that comes to mind is probably Selenium. No wonder, it’s the most widely used testing framework for web applications. It was originally developed in 2004 and now, after 14 years, it still takes a dedicated team of QA engineers to implement it correctly. Tests are often flaky, painful to debug, and the overall developer experience is rather poor. But for many years there wasn’t another choice, until Cypress was born. Cypress tries to solve the biggest testing challenges, e.g. painless setup, easy to write tests, support for async testing, performance, and a good understanding of why tests fail. Cypress is made from scratch focusing on developer experience, debuggability and consistency. In this talk, we’ll look at how to get started with Cypress and dive into some basic tests. We’ll also see how to work with http requests and explore the debugging capabilities of Cypress. Speaker: Dominic Elm 20h00: "Keep your memor(ies|y) safe!" RxJS is the single greatest thing in Angular in my opinion. But using it properly is a whole other thing. The learning curve is steep and the paradigm shift is big. And even if you get all of that, we still have to be careful with memory leaks. We need to clean up our resources. In this talk we will define what a memory leak is, how we can find them and why they can occur in our RxJS powered applications. We will learn how and when we need to unsubscribe (is it needed in a service or for an http observable?) and learn some unsubscription strategies. We will do this by refactoring an application with some real life examples and remove all the different types of memory leaks! By the end you should be able to identify and tackle the same problems in your own apps! Speaker: Kwinten Pisman 22h00: Doors close • Sponsor Thanks to Cegeka for hosting us & providing food & drinks!
- NGXS & Architectures for huge Angular Apps ( in co-op with Angular Belgium )
For our May meetup we pair-up with AngularBelgium to welcome you again for an evening of learning about new web-technologies! Special guests this time are Manfred Steyer & Maarten Tibau. Please RSVP at the Angular Belgium Meetup Group! https://www.meetup.com/Angular-Belgium/events/249697455 Schedule: • 18:30 - 18:35 Angular Belgium & JSBE welcome • 18:35 - 18:40 Microsoft introduction • 18:45 - 19:25 Maarten Tibau - NGXS - State Management for Angular • 19:25 - 19:50 Break • 19:50 - 20:30 Manfred Steyer - Enterprise Architectures for huge Angular Applications: Packages, Monorepos and Microservices Special thanks to Microsoft for hosting this meetup! Manfred Steyer: Trainer and Consultant with focus on Angular. Google Developer Expert (GDE) who writes for O'Reilly, the German Java Magazine, windows.developer and Heise. Regularly speaks at conferences. We are still looking for: • Future speakers • Future venues Please RSVP at the Angular Belgium Meetup Group! https://www.meetup.com/Angular-Belgium/events/249697455
- Workshop: Marble testing with RxJS
For the next meetup we will be doing a mini workshop (microbrew) hosted at Ordina and provided by Strongbrew! The topic of the evening will be 'Marble testing with RxJS', tackling one of the most confusing topics about RxJS. The workshop will consist of some theory combined with some exercises, so be sure to bring your own laptop! Schedule: • 18:30 - 18:35 JSBE welcome • 18:35 - 18:40 Ordina introduction • 18:45 - 21:30 Workshop by Strongbrew on 'Marble testing with RxJS' Special thanks to Ordina for hosting this meetup! Strongbrew will not only provide the mini workshop but they will also give one workshop ticket for their upcoming workshop 'Advanced RxJS in Angular' (for more info see: https://strongbrew.io/advanced-rxjs-in-angular-ghent) away for FREE to one of the attendees! Ps: Please try to RSVP only if you are planning on coming, as spaces are limited, thanks! We are still looking for: • Future speakers • Future venues