Mar 30, 2013 · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Look at that meetup title, that's a mouthful, eh? Questionable grammar aside, that is exactly what this meetup is about -- I'm a pizza head and for those like me, this day is our culinary nirvana as we ride to taste some of the best pizza in NYC. Today we focus on borough of Brooklyn.
The best pizza? Says who?
As much as I love pizza and have my favorites places, I'm but a rank amateur when it comes to picking the best in the city. For this task I look to the aficionados at slice.seriouseats.com/slice_new_york/ for guidance. These guys live and breathe all things pizza daily and have eaten more slices than I can hope to in two lifetimes. Let's see if they know what they are talking about. For this trip we're going to sample the pizza at L&B Spumoni Gardens, Di Fara, Lo Duca, Best Pizza, and if we still have room in our bellies at the end of the day, Pauli Gee's.
Here is the cue sheet for the ride http://goo.gl/maps/nbke5. Print and bring it so you can catch up with the group in case you get separated.
The important stuff ...
- This is going to be a casually-paced (10 - 12 mph) ride of about 28 miles round trip. Most of the ride will take place on bike paths but there will be parts with street riding and some automobile congestion. You must be comfortable riding in a group and in traffic. Helmets are suggested.
- Bring cold, hard CASH. Some pizzerias don't take credit cards and you don't want to be scrambling trying to find an ATM.
- Make sure your bike is in good working order before the meetup and bring a lock to leave our cycles. Bring a patch repair kit, air pump, and spare inner tube. Bring your bike lights as we may be out until after dark.
- Check your email the evening before you head out for last minute meetup updates as well as my mobile phone number which will be sent to those who RSVP.
- Please DO NOT RSVP if you do not seriously plan to attend as space is limited. No flakes allowed! If you RSVP and I notice that you have a number of no shows or have a history of last minute cancellations, you will be removed.
- Sorry, no guests allowed for this one.
- Rain cancels the meetup.