3150 S Dixie Hwy, Kettering, OH
We will be playing No Limit Holdem tonight.
Barry Galen and Len Brocki will be again be hosting a Texas Hold’em League at the Christopher Club in Kettering. The league will play every other week on Fridays thru the end of May 2017 (except holiday weekends). There will be 20 tournaments overall. The buy-in each week will be $50 of which $40 goes to the tournament prize fund. The additional $10 will be used to fund a Tournament of Champions (TOC) where the top 30 point leaders over the 10 month period will qualify to play for whatever is in the TOC fund. See the details below.
Our main goal associated with our tournaments and cash games is that we want to provide a legal, safe, honest, fair and fun place for poker players to enjoy our “sport”. There will never be a rake to benefit the house or any one player and everyone will show respect for others and the way they decide to play their cards. Anyone caught cheating or showing disrespect for others will be banned from the league. Having said that, here are the key points regarding the tournaments for all to consider:
Friday Night Tournaments
• The tournaments will be every other Friday (except holiday weekends) and will start promptly at 7 pm.
• The buy in is $50 with $40 going to the payout each Friday. If we average close to 30 players a night the payout will be $1,200 and we will pay 1 spot for every 5 players. Final table chops are OK, provided that all remaining players agree with the terms.
• The tournaments will be Texas Hold’em. We will play all types of limits (limit, spread limit, pot limit, no limit and in some tournaments we will use a mixture of limits).
• We will use Roberts rules at all times to settle disagreements or issues. The house (Barry or Len) reserves the right to make the final decision on all disputes. We do not like house rules so we will do our best to run our games like a Casino.
• The starting chips will be 10,000 and you will get an additional 2,000 in chips for showing up on time at 7 pm. You may have someone pay for you prior to 7 pm and you will get half or $1,000 in extra chips. We use www.meetup.com to advertise our meeting so please use the site to RSVP your attendance.
• Blind levels will be 20 minutes for all levels.
• We will not be using antes in any of the tournaments.
Tournament of Champions (TOC)
• There will be a TOC at the end of the 10 month period funded by the extra $10 each week. Each week we will be donating $75 to the Christopher Club out of the TOC fund to cover the rent and cleaning of the room we will be playing in. It is a nice a safe place to play.
• The top 30 point leaders will play in a free roll at the end of the 10 months for the pot. We will use the best 15 out of the 20 scores over the league to calculate the point total for the TOC. This should encourage those that cannot play every week to still play.
• Each week, a WSOP player of the year point chart will be used. Minimum points will be 10 with points going up like a bell curve the closer you get to the final table. A file with the points will be uploaded to the meetup web site for all to see.
• The first place point leader at the end of the 10 months will get $200 off the top of the TOC prize pool.
• Starting chip stack will 20,000 for 30th place and graduate up at 500 chips per place so that the point leader will have 34,500 chips for an average chip stack of 27,250.
• The TOC date will be announced close to the end of each TOC.
• We will have a cash game after the tournament as a table is freed up.
• The games played are usually dealer’s choice.
• There is no rake taken at any cash game.
Please call Barry or Len at the numbers below if you have any questions or need to adjust your RSVP at the last minute.