Len Brocki and Pat Brown are again hosting a No Limit Texas Hold’em League at the Christopher Club in Kettering. The league will play every other week on Fridays, starting July 26, 2019 thru the end of April 2020. There will be 20 tournaments overall. The buy-in each week will be $60 of which $45 goes to the tournament prize fund. The additional $15 will be used to fund a Tournament of Champions (TOC) where the top 40 point leaders over the 10 month period will qualify to play for whatever is in the TOC fund. See the TOC details below. The $15 will also cover our facility, cleaning and security costs detailed below.
Our main goals associated with our tournaments and cash games are to provide a legal, safe, honest, fair and fun place for poker players to enjoy our “sport”. There will never be a rake to benefit the house or any one player and everyone will show respect for others and the way they decide to play their cards. Anyone caught cheating or showing disrespect for others will be banned from the league.
Friday Night Tournaments:
• The tournaments will be every other Friday and will start promptly at 7:05 pm. This along with one less break and shortened breaks, we should be able to finish by 1 am each week.
• The buy in is $60 with $45 going to the payout each Friday. If we average close to 70 players a night the payout will be approximately $3,150 and we will pay 1 spot for every 5 players to a max of 12.
• The tournaments will all be No Limit Texas Hold’em.
• We will use Tournament Director’s Association (TDA) rules at all times to settle disagreements or issues. The house (Len or Pat) reserves the right to make the final decision on all disputes.
• The starting chips will be 20,000 and we will accept new players until the end of the first break. We use www.meetup.com to advertise our tournaments so please use the site to RSVP your attendance.
• Blind levels will be 20 minutes for all levels.
• We will be not be using antes in the tournaments.
Tournament of Champions (TOC):
• There will be a TOC at the end of the 10 month period funded by the extra $15 each week. Each week we will be paying rent, security and for cleaning of the room. Meetup.com fees, poker supplies or room supplies will also be paid out of this fund.
• The top 40 point leaders will play in a free roll at the end of the 10 months for the total pot. We will use the best 15 out of the 20 scores over the league to calculate the point total for the TOC. This should encourage those that cannot play every week to still play as often as possible.
• Each week, a WSOP player of the year point chart will be used. Minimum points will be 10 with points going up like a bell curve the closer you get to the final table. This year the top level has been eliminated so the difference between 1st and 2nd will be a lot less. This should encourage people to play more consistently.
• The top 4 point leaders at the end of the 10 months will get $1,000 off the top of the prize pool. 1st place thru 4th place will receive $400, $300, $200 and $100 respectively.
• After the deduction for the top 4 players, we will take 10% of the remaining TOC fund for a consolidation tournament for the players who play 15 or more weeks but do not qualify for the TOC. It will be played at the same time as the TOC using the same blind levels.
• Starting chip stack for the TOC will be 40,000 for 40th place and graduate up at 500 chips per place so that the point leader will have 59,500. Starting stack for the consolation tournament players will be 25,000 each.
• Blind levels at the TOC will be 30 minutes.
• We will not be using antes in the TOC.
• We will have a cash game after the tournament tables are freed up.
• The games played are usually dealer’s choice.
• There is no rake taken at any cash game.
Please call Len or Pat at the numbers below if you have any questions.
Len Brocki (513)[masked] and Pat Brown (513)[masked]