addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Save this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website in 4 day(s).

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

Knit Together Message Board Archive › Red Scarf Project

Red Scarf Project

hila
HPNY
New York, NY
Post #: 133
Send warmth and encouragement to America?s college-bound foster youth. OFA needs thousands of handmade scarves to put in our Valentine Care Packages to these parentless youth attending college on their own. Your handiwork will truly be the personal touch in these packages and bring students the encouragement they need to move forward and graduate to a brighter future.
read the Guidelines, 2007

Annie, can we have a Red Scarf Project meet up? one needs to send the scarves only in Jan 2007.
see ya' all tomorrow!

edited by A-M to make the title big, red and bold!

A former member
Post #: 614
A fantastic project! I'd love to help support it so yes, let's work on an event for this....

Thanks Hila!

A-M
hila
HPNY
New York, NY
Post #: 134
great AM! thanks.
here is what they are doing in Chicago http://www.keyboardbi...­
they even made themselves a button!

maybe one of our expert computer knitters will make one for NYC?
hila
HPNY
New York, NY
Post #: 136

A former member
Post #: 26
i love the idea of knitting for other people. if only i had leftover red yarn... off to knitty city i go!

~nicole
A former member
Post #: 618
I am officially making this a group project. Participation is of course, voluntary. I have put the information in our 'files' section. You can find that here.­

Scarves are not to be mailed to the organization until January, 2007. I plan on having an event in early January to collect the red scarves and mail them all together. You are more than welcome to mail them on your own! The address is listed on the info sheet in our 'files' section, or on the OFA website or the Red Scarf Project blog.

Anyone want to make a button? We can add it to the blog...

The text should read: Red Scarf Project 2007 Sit n' Knit New York.

We don't have to have a button, but it could be nice. smile

Anne-Marie
hila
HPNY
New York, NY
Post #: 137
We don't have to have a button, but it could be nice. smile

Anne-Marie

how about:

it can be made a bit smaller.
hila
HPNY
New York, NY
Post #: 138
ok, so we are officially posted on the red scarf project KAL. they are thrilled by the size of our group!!!

yes kids, size matters!

lets hope everybody will make one, if not more!!!
here is a list (in our file section) of free scarf patterns. its a word document with clickable links.

I made the button smaller and our name bigger. please put one on your blog. you can link to it from our Misc. photo album.

AM_
should we link to OFA­
or our discussion?
A former member
Post #: 620
I would like to see some other buttons before we choose one and before it is linked to the Red Scarf blog. Anyone else want to submit? I have some ideas myself....

Anne-Marie
A former member
Post #: 629
The button contest has been posted here­!

biggrin