addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Knit Together Message Board Archive › Sit 'n' Knit Sidewinders Knitalong!

Sit 'n' Knit Sidewinders Knitalong!

A former member
Post #: 821
Our first ever, or atleast official, knitalong! Hila introduced us to Sidewinders: A PerpenSOCKular Pattern by nonaKnits and it looks like so much fun, let's do it together! This project is recommended for intermediate knitters. Not sure if you are ready? Well give it a go! This pattern will be a learning experience for all of us and will be a fun challenge.

So here's how it works. Add a reply to this post to let everyone know that you are participating. Feel free to include your blog address (if you have one), yarn you plan on using, your thoughts on this project, etc etc.

On July 1, we will have a Sidewinders Opening Night Party, uh, during the day. (I strongly suggest that you knit your swatch ahead of time, we will be starting with Act 1.) And then throughout the month of July, we will continue to knit our socks, using this thread to update progress, ask questions, provide answers and post photos. July 29 we will have our Show Closing Party (I'll think of a more clever title later) in which we will all show off our Sidewinders and be merry.

The pattern is here:

The Prologue
Act I
Act II
Act III
Act IV
The Grand Finale

Who's in? biggrin

Anne-Marie
A former member
Post #: 822
I'm definitely participating! My blog is Annie Knits, I will post about this knit-along on my blog as well as here on the message board. I am thinking about using some of my Trekking, but no final decision quite yet...

A-M
A former member
Post #: 13
I'm in! I have the exact same yarn as Grumperina used for her sidewinders so I can be a total groupie and make a replica of hers! It's regia bamboo that I got in a swap with another blogger. I *heart* the internet.

Oh, and knit your gauge swatches!!!
Chante
harlempurls
New York, NY
Post #: 15
Of course I'm in. I've been eyeing the pattern for a while so now I have a reason to knit it. I'm thinking that I may use my Tofusties that I recently acquired at Knitty City. As an added bonus this qualifies for my Summer Of Socks.
A former member
Post #: 14
I have some Soccotta yarn (sp.?) that I'd like to use. Or the Trekking. But count me in!
Tawana
TawanaH
New York, NY
Post #: 22
Okay so I'm in. I saw these online,even have the page bookmarked. This is definitely a good reason to knit them. I have some uarn handdyed for me by Woolarina as part as a swap, and I hve been trying to find a pattern for it. I think this will do in piinch.

i will also be blogging about it at:

http://carmelnap.type...­ ,which is my blog Rooted in Knit-reality.
hila
HPNY
New York, NY
Post #: 224

Who's in? biggrin

Anne-Marie

I'm in!
don't know what I will use yet. not sure I have anything in the stash... hahaha... you think I'll need to but some yarn?

my blog is here
A former member
Post #: 824

I'm in!
don't know what I will use yet. not sure I have anything in the stash... hahaha... you think I'll need to buy some yarn?

Well of course. Have you seen this? Or this? Or this?

biggrin

A-M
A former member
Post #: 13
I would love to do this but I'm a Sock Virgin. Do you think this is a good project for a first sock?

Jenn
A former member
Post #: 825
I would love to do this but I'm a Sock Virgin. Do you think this is a good project for a first sock?

Jenn

I say go for it!