addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Francisco Korean Language, Culture and More Group Message Board › Rosetta stone or other books

Rosetta stone or other books

Bryan K.
user 49974722
Belmont, CA
Post #: 1
Hi All,

Has any one used rossetta stone to study Korean or any other language? Was it effective as commercials say?

Is there any good books or dvd's you guys are using?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Bryan
Emily P.
emilygpark
Oakland, CA
Post #: 22
Anyonghaseyo Brian,

I tried Rosetta Stone for a short while and found it somewhat confusing. It helped me with recognition of sounds, but not with comprehension. I think it's more useful if you have familiarity with Hangeul, so that you can read the words on screen as well as hearing/saying them.

emily