This event has passed
Get in touch with your spontaneous impulses, fire up your creativity neurons and joyfully collaborate with other people in this improv class.
This class is for beginners and improvisers of all skill levels.
We will be posting the Zoom link soon.
Also, we will be live streaming to Facebook and Youtube. Links will also be provided.
Improv helps people:
- Listen and be present
- Tap into creativity
- Be better communicators
- Celebrate making mistakes and be more resilient
- Gracefully deal with uncertainty
- Make your partners look good and collaborate more effectively
YES AND in addition to being useful, improv is fun!
Areas of Focus:
- Listening and noticing (with all senses)
- Saying Yes (getting out of your own way and your partner's way)
- Space object activity work and imagining your environment
- Having Fun
You Will Learn:
- Foundation principles of improv (e.g. YES AND, happy healthy well, being present, eye contact and listening, making your partner look good, accepting mistakes and how they can be gifts, being obvious, etc.)
- Games that hone listening skills, teamwork and communication
- Fun games that you can teach to friends, family and colleagues!
Who Should Attend (audience):
Anyone who wants to try improv, play games and have fun!
All kinds of people from all walks of life are welcome to participate :)
What to Wear:
- Comfortable clothes
- Comfortable shoes or socks that you can move in
- Spread the joy of improv to underrepresented groups and to people who haven't had the opportunity to explore who they are and relate to others through play
- Help people get back in touch with their natural presence and have fun!
- Help people realize that they are storytellers
- Share knowledge, techniques and tools to sharpen storytelling skills, build confidence and build resilience
Check out The Joy of Improv: