addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Labradoodle, Goldendoodle, All Doodles Meetup Message Board › Big Oak Ranch Health Question

Big Oak Ranch Health Question

Melissa
user 7162998
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Hello,

6 years ago I got a puppy from the Big Oak Ranch. She was the best dog ever and we loved her so much. Anyway, she passed away in January from Lymphoma at 6 1/2. We were so shocked and devastated to loser her. We are almost ready to get another one and I'd love to get another puppy from the Big Oak Ranch, but I'm scared after losing our last Big Oak Ranch doodle so young. I just want to make sure no one else out there has had any problems with cancer or dying young with a doodle from Big Oak Ranch. I'd really like to believe this was just bad luck, but I feel compelled to check, just in case.

Thanks,
Melissa
Joe, Wendy & Gizmo...
user 30172042
Everett, WA
Post #: 9
While only two years old, Gizmo has had perfect health! I would be surprised to hear anything bad about Big Oak Ranch but you could also email Theresa? and discuss concerns with her or see if anybody reported any other health problems.
Melissa
user 7162998
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
I think it is unusual and Teresa sent me a quick reply to say that it is unusual, which was reassuring. I really want to get my next puppy from big oak ranch but I would be devastated to lose another one so young so I just wanted to get some feedback from other owners before moving forward. It's been reassuring seeing so much positive reviews of big oak ranch on this site too. Our doodle really was wonderful and I'm hopeful that we can get another one soon.

Thanks for your reply!
Corina S.
user 15761571
Bothell, WA
Post #: 4
I'm so sorry you lost your doodle young like that. Our doodle Winston is from Big Oak Ranch and will be turning 3 in December. His only issue so far has been allergies, but otherwise he is a wonderful healthy guy!
Traci J.
user 12336556
Seattle, WA
Post #: 23
So sorry for your loss. Ellie is from Big Oak and will be 4 in December. She just gets occasional hot spots and for awhile had a sensitive stomach.