Welcome! This is a group for women, ages 21 and up, who would like to make friends with other ladies by getting together and socializing, eating, and playing games. We have a lot of fun at our game nights, so be prepared to laugh! We are a very down-to-earth group of women of all ages and backgrounds who really enjoy each other’s company and are quick to welcome new additions. Since we want to form a group of close-knit friends, our membership is limited to 50 ladies.
Most of our events take place at members’ homes (we try to rotate who hosts) with anywhere between 5 to 15 women in attendance. In addition to playing games, a typical event involves eating food (usually potluck style), drinking a little (sometimes), playfully insulting whoever is winning (which often includes creative ways of using four letter words), and chit-chatting about whatever topic happens to come up.
Frequently, we meet at restaurants, gaming places, casinos, parks, etc. If you have ideas for something new that the group can try, please share it!
We are looking for members who want to make new friends and are committed to attending events on a regular basis.
1. Attending an event:
• do not bring guests to an event unless you have prior permission from the event host (no male guests of any age or female guests who are under 21 are allowed unless it is stated otherwise in the event description)
• no smoking at events
• do not drink to excess at events
• no soliciting at events (do not try to use this group as a means of expanding your business)
• if you RSVP’d “yes” for an event and need to cancel, please be considerate to the host and try to give at least 48 hours notice. If you repeatedly cancel with short notice, then you will be removed from the group
• “no shows” are not allowed. If you RSVP “yes” for an event and then do not cancel and do not show up, then you will be removed from the group. If an extenuating circumstance caused you to not show for an event, please inform the Organizers as soon as possible to avoid being removed from the group
2. Hosting an event:
• let people know ahead of time if small children will be present at your home during an event and, since this is a group for adults, please make every attempt to separate them from the adults
• let people know ahead of time if you have pets in your home and what kind of pets you have (in case of allergies)
• let people know ahead of time if smoking occurs in your home (in case of allergies) and please do not smoke in your home during events
• no soliciting
• if you need to cancel an event that you are hosting, please give at least 48 hours notice (if an extenuating circumstances occurs that prevents giving 48 hours notice, please inform the Organizers as soon as possible)
3. Be an active member:
•our group frequently has a long wait list of ladies who want to join. In order to show that you are truly interested in being a member, you must attend at least one event within the first month of joining
• the main purpose of this group is to make friends with other ladies. If you don't attend events regularly, then we wont get to know you and forming friendships will be unlikely. Therefore, in order to keep your membership active, you need to attend at least one event every two months. If an extenuating circumstance arises that will prevent you from doing this (such as a prolonged illness, a long vacation, etc.), then please notify the Organizers
• it would be nice if all group members would try to host an event at least once per year (and if hosting at your home/apartment is not possible, then please try to plan an event at a public location at least once per year)
4. This group is designed to be fun and stress relieving. As a result, no gossiping, negativity, harassment, or any type of drama will be tolerated. Anyone involved in such behavior will be told to leave an event and will be removed from the group. Please inform the Organizers if you witness or experience this type of behavior in our group
5. For security reasons:
• you must have a current picture of yourself on your Meetup profile that clearly shows your face
• you must have your name on your Meetup profile (only your first name is required)
• a member may be removed from the group at any time at the discretion of the Organizers
DISCLAIMER: By being a member of this group you agree to assume all risks and liability related to or resulting from any and all group functions. You agree that neither you nor any third party will hold any of the group's organizers liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your own person or any members of your family, friends, acquaintances, children, pets, or property, arising directly or as a consequence from a group activity. You also agree that your membership of this group is based on an "at will" basis.