addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Shannon
user 5369621
Lafayette, LA
Post #: 1
So, um, I'm new to this group, and I was thinking of going on Saturday. I'm 20 years old and female. Could I bring my boyfriend?
I wouldn't really say we are atheist, but we are definitely not christian or catholic or any form of that. The easiest term to use would be pagan, but I wouldn't really consider myself pagan, either, since I don't necessarily believe in all the deities. I'm an 'Atheist Pagan' I guess, :P
Would it be weird for us to come? Do new people show up often, or is it just a tight knit group?
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Shannon, I am new to town and this will be my first meeting also. Hope to see you there.

-April
A former member

Hi Shannon! This will be my first meeting, as well. I've been a part of this group for a while and I really think it's time for me to start attending, lol!

So I don't know the answers to your questions about the group, however, I have my own.. You said, "I don't necessarily believe in all the deities". Does that mean you believe in some?

Thanks!
Jamie
jfanol2787
New Iberia, LA
So, um, I'm new to this group, and I was thinking of going on Saturday. I'm 20 years old and female. Could I bring my boyfriend?
I wouldn't really say we are atheist, but we are definitely not christian or catholic or any form of that. The easiest term to use would be pagan, but I wouldn't really consider myself pagan, either, since I don't necessarily believe in all the deities. I'm an 'Atheist Pagan' I guess, :P
Would it be weird for us to come? Do new people show up often, or is it just a tight knit group?

Yes of course you can bring your bf.
Shannon
user 5369621
Lafayette, LA
Post #: 2
Thanks everyone for the replies. I haven't been able to go to any of the meetings yet, but I hope to soon. I'm trying to figure out whether or not I'll be able to go to the picnic on the 25th. I want to go, but it all depends on whether or not I can get a ride and if I have gas money at the time ;p

To answer the question about the deities. When I said 'I don't necessarily believe in all the deities' I didn't mean I believe in some of them, I was speaking of all of them as a whole. Maybe I should have said 'I don't necessarily believe in the deities'. I don't believe the deities are REAL, they are just personified images of certain human traits and characteristics. A small part of the whole.

I don't know how well I'll fit in with everyone, since I do believe in a 'higher power'. Just not one with a human conciousness or human feelings and tendencies, such as the Christian God, or many deities of other religions. I respect their right to worship those deities, but I don't accept that they are singular or separate from any other deity. All gods are the same.

Because of this belief, I have found it difficult to find any religion or group of people to fit in with. I don't know of any pagans that think this way, and atheists tend to reject my notion of a collective conciousness and my firm belief in fate. Christians and Catholics are a lost cause when it comes to trying to explain my beliefs, and even my boyfriend doesn't fully grasp my way of thinking.

I don't know, I'll try it out. I'll come to a meeting or two and see how things go, but I don't want to start any big arguments or anything, haha. I will gladly explain my thoughts on the subject, but I don't want to have to defend myself and be told I'm wrong. My opinions are my opinions, and no sort of rationalization will change my mind about what I believe.

In short, I am basically a nature worshipper who does not believe in god. I'm sorry if this post was long and babbly and/or confusing. These thoughts sounded better in my head, lol.