addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Julia
Hey women of the Dyke Hyke (and potential Hykers),

I have conflicted feelings about the possibility of rain this weekend. Weather.com says there's a 40% chance of rain on Sunday, so the little icon says "showers" and shows sad stormy clouds, but dude, really; what about the 60% chance it'll be sunny? Shouldn't the icon be a little sun, since that is the larger percentage? Can someone explain this to me, please? (Before you send me the following email: >>Disclaimer<< I have a suspicion weather.com may not be my best source for meteorological predictions.)

That's thought number one. Thought number two is: these rainy clouds are ****ing crazy; have you seen them???

Rather than cancel this meet-up outright based on conflicting predictions, we're setting this up: rain on Saturday or Sunday, and we're pushing this meet-up back to February 22nd--8:45 AM, same place. Your munificent organizer Danielle has kindly agreed to meet us back there if this weekend is a FAIL; I swear we will make it up this trail somehow!!

I look forward to seeing you there this weekend or next.

Best,
Julia
A former member
Post #: 3
Please make it a Sunday =D if all fails
A former member
Post #: 13
I hope you can make it the following Sunday the 22nd instead, because I have my daughter this weekend and
I'd really like to participate in this event.
wink Thanks
Powered by mvnForum

Los Angeles, CA

Founded Jun 8, 2007

Organizer:

Michelle
Contact

This Meetup is community funded

$7.00/year

Member dues are used to:
  • Cover Meetup costs
  • Improve Meetups

60 day free trial

No credit card required

After the trial you must pay dues to continue attending Meetups.

Cancel dues at any time.

Dues are billed each year.

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy